GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Billy Boat exhaust

Go down 
+14
sherlock9c1
jasonlachapelle
1993 Roady-man
HERD_546
mtrhead79
phantom 309
Limited1
toomanytoyz
lakeffect
94Woody
buickestate
Krzdimond
Nick Danger
BigBlackBeaSSt
18 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:27 am

Anyone try Billy Boat exhaust with side exit? Thought it might fit the wagon............... I know/think the wagon frame is wider than the sedan, but by how much? Does it effect the first turn around the fuel tank?

These pictures are of Jerry's exhaust system.
Billy Boat exhaust 2211190132_medium
Billy Boat exhaust 2211190274_large
Billy Boat exhaust 2211190130_medium

This is the Billy Boat system.
Billy Boat exhaust BillyBoatexhaust

Last edited by BigBlackBeaSSt on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 pm

32 readers and no coments, no input, wow...... Cat got your tongues.............
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:00 am

I don't know nothing about no Billy Boats. I figured I'd let someone who know something say something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:56 am

I also know not of the information that you seek.

What I DO know is that the tanks on the wagon and sedans are different and the sedan OTA pipes had to be modified in order to fit..... but they originally ran out the bumper too......
Back to top Go down

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 am

Tim I have no ides who Billy Boat is but his exhaust systems look very well made.How much do his systems cost? I guess the best thing to do is overlay
a wagon "over the axle" pipe onto the Billy Boat pipe and see what the difference is.Dont know how hard that would be to do but I am sure someone
in this group can do it.Please let me know about the cost.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Tim I have no ides who Billy Boat is but his exhaust systems look very well made.How much do his systems cost? I guess the best thing to do is overlay
a wagon "over the axle" pipe onto the Billy Boat pipe and see what the difference is.Dont know how hard that would be to do but I am sure someone
in this group can do it.Please let me know about the cost.
Take Care
Jim Gordon

Still working on the "price". Not cheap............. But polish stainless with a lifetime warranty.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Billy who? scratch
Back to top Go down

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Hey Tim I have been thinking and if the exhaust exits out directly behind the tires,wouldnt that negate any clearance
problems at the gas tank?I am thinking if the pipe goes over the axle and that area is the same for both sedan and
wagon and then goes straight from there to the rear tire exit point there shouldnt be a problem with any contact.
I am probably wrong but thats my 3 cents.Please pics of your progress on the "not a hot rod wagon".
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:00 pm

the tank itself is different. I bought 2.5" sedan OTA pipes and had to have them modified to fit the wagon. The sedan tank is more narrow
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey Tim I have been thinking and if the exhaust exits out directly behind the tires,wouldnt that negate any clearance
problems at the gas tank?I am thinking if the pipe goes over the axle and that area is the same for both sedan and
wagon and then goes straight from there to the rear tire exit point there shouldnt be a problem with any contact.
I am probably wrong but thats my 3 cents.

I have thought a lot about this system. I believe it will work. I am going to see if I can get Billy Boat to work with me to "try" it on my car. They stand to gain if I it will work, they will have one of the only true wagon systems on the market.

Flasheroo wrote:
Please pics of your progress on the "not a hot rod wagon".

Sir I have not such not a Hot Rod Wagon.... I know NOT of what you speak!! Progress??? I am sure there is not way that wagons, wood sides, and hot rods should be mentioned in the same sentence.

Wink
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
the tank itself is different. I bought 2.5" sedan OTA pipes and had to have them modified to fit the wagon. The sedan tank is more narrow

Robert,

Do you know EXACTLY what was done to your sedan pipes to make them fit?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:28 pm

yes, I do. Will take pics of them tomorrow. ( they bump into the passenger side front corner of the tank)
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 pm

94Woody wrote:
http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/impala/

$1300? Wow.

STOP JUMPING AHEAD..... Were you the one who read ahead in class to show up the teacher!!!!! That is NOT the price.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Maybe not for you or your particular setup but that exhaust on that page is $1300 is it not?

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 am

Several of the pictures are no longer linked up.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:05 am

94Woody wrote:
Maybe not for you or your particular setup but that exhaust on that page is $1300 is it not?

Let me repeat myself... That is NOT the price. I am attempting to negotiate a better price. Please trust me on this!!!

Fixed...........
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 am

I understand that and wish you luck Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Wow, I hadn't seen that exhaust referenced in like 10 years! I didn't know it was still around. I only know of one guy who had it, and he liked it. But like I said, that was a LOOOOOOONG time ago. Wink

I'm not sure what the difference is on wagon pipes. I should have saved my stock sedan exhaust and stock wagon exhaust and compared the OTA pipes... Someone must have both laying around, no?

Maybe someone could ask on the big board. I'm sure one of the members could come through over there...
Back to top Go down
Limited1

Limited1

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:37 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Anyone try Billy Boat exhaust with side exit? Thought it might fit the wagon............... I know/think the wagon frame is wider than the sedan, but by how much? Does it effect the first turn around the fuel tank?

These pictures are of Jerry's exhaust system.
Billy Boat exhaust 2211190132_medium
Billy Boat exhaust 2211190274_large
Billy Boat exhaust 2211190130_medium

This is the Billy Boat system.

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have the Billy Boat Impala SS Mufflers on my wagon, stock remainder of the exhaust. It is very quiet, barely different than stock. My Billy Boat intermediate pipes were bent from an accident and I tried to contact Billy Boat about replacements...they wouldn't even return my calls! There is no way these (pictured) Impala SS over the axle pipes will fit on a wagon, so I would be interested if you got them to build a set. Please let us know.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:54 am

expensive at 1/2 the price,.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:08 am

No they would not guarantee a fit so I had custom exhaust bent up over the tails to exit at the bumper. I will selling these over the axle pipes as soon as I install some stainless tails the I bought. The pair I am selling are 2.5" mandrel bent.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:36 am

For me personally i can never understand the need for stainless exhaust, i,ve put catbacks on both wagons, and over 6yrs ago, they still look fine,.having stuff underneath the cars that are works of art is great for those that have garage queens,.but an everyday driver i can't justify the cost,.I,d rather buy some killer tires, than an expensive exhaust, My exhaust isn't mandrel bent, and it might cost me 1-2hp,.but i can live with it, dyno tuning would likely gain that back and more,.My cars will never look like gerry's car, so i don't try and compete, he has resources and money available that are definitely not in my league, and i doubt if there is anymore than maybe 2-3 others that can compete. Usually when people have that much cash and resources, they mod more advanced and expensive type vehicles,. vehicles that have as much money in them as it would cost to buy a decent house. 100,000 dollar cars are in magazines everyday,.
Billy boat has always been overpriced, but marketed towards those that believe something expensive must be better,.from what i heard way back, BB doesn't carry anything much in stock anymore for B bodies,they make it up as and when required.

Tim you're bored you need to go back to work. between the 4 forums you are actively trying to trade on lots of stuff,. Laughing

Nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Nicky...... easy..... I only post on two boards Nicky not four......... I have (2) transmissions, PCM's, MAF's, valve cover currently for sale. You are obviously spending to much time watching me!! Shocked If you are interested in buying something let me know I will give you a fair price, if you are not interested no one needs your 2 cents.

You have a very valid point with regards to Billy Boat. Nice for a show car, but a waste to put polished SS under a daily driver. I think you are correct on the inventory. They are VERY expensive, but offer great service I am told.

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:37 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Nicky...... easy..... I only post on two boards Nicky not four......... I have (2) transmissions, PCM's, MAF's, valve cover currently for sale. You are obviously spending to much time watching me!! Shocked If you are interested in buying something let me know I will give you a fair price, if you are not interested no one needs your 2 cents.

You have a very valid point with regards to Billy Boat. Nice for a show car, but a waste to put polished SS under a daily driver. I think you are correct on the inventory. They are VERY expensive, but offer great service I am told.

I am being easy timmy, Laughing . and really you oughta figure it out,. if i,m where you are it,s not cos i have a man crush on you, What a Face .it,s just a case of pot kettle etc,.
i have a 48 ft trailer that has 15ft in the nose packed with b-body stuff,.I,d rather spend a grand on a set of heads and a cam,. especially if the guy is doing a fire sale,. Wink rather than an overpriced exhaust system,.
Thanks for offering stuff at what you consider a "fair" price,. but i can usually do better,.
only two forums? where'd you get the aluminum driveshaft?

Oh and by now you should know, you may or may not get my two cents whether you like it not,., so don't let the door hit your ass on the way out bud,.
Nobody needs anyones opinion on this forum.including yours but we all read them,.so back to working on your hot rod timmy there's a good chap,.and take the good natured ball busting as well as billy C does,.

Nickee
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:48 pm

What ever you say Nicky........
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:43 pm

1st thing i thought when i read title was billy bass the talking bass fish you mount on the wall Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Always thought it is a stupid name for an exhaust company too.Current flavor of the week for
people who have money to waste on rediculously overpriced exhaust systems.Make sense on a
40 to 55 grand performance car but not so much on a 15 year old station wagon even a Hot
Rod wagon.Midas does just fine for me and they give a lifetime warranty too.
Jim
Back to top Go down
HERD_546

HERD_546

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 am

I had looked at the Billy Boat Exhaust to put on my 95 Caprice SS Wagon.. I called and talked to a sales guy and they said that there system would not fit on my wagon with out some cutting and welding.

I am looking at using a Pypes X Front pipe system Magnaflow 18" mufflers and some cut chopped and welded OTA Dynomax pipes Dynomax Race Bullets and turn downs at the rear bumper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theherd.com
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:29 am

Well after having a flowmaster muffler on my car for a few years,. I have gone back to factory walker exhaust with a new cat. Love how quiet it is.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:19 pm

paul.dumdiejr wrote:
I am looking at using a Pypes X Front pipe system Magnaflow 18" mufflers and some cut chopped and welded OTA Dynomax pipes Dynomax Race Bullets and turn downs at the rear bumper.

good plan. Definitely use some form of resonator at the end. If you can score a pair of dynomax 24225/24226 resonator/tails for cheap, then that's also a good alternative, but they go straight back like on the sedan. The pypes X-pipe is a nice piece, though it can be tricky to install properly. Just keep in mind it's intentionally made long and needs to be trimmed according to the muffler you choose. It's 409SS to boot.

Personally I've never been a fan of mild steel, even if it`s aluminized or coated. It rusts out very quickly (in Quebec at least). Even on my Turbo Regal, that never sees winter, the aluminized ATR pitbull mufflers rusted out. It took 10 years, but it happened. On my DD (winter beater) B-bodies I went through a few dynomax superturbos (warrantied for life, but shipping it back costs more than the muffler itself) and a set of coated tri-ys in an alarmingly short amount of time. Don't expect them to last more than 2 years. I drove the crap out of the 304SS ATR pitbuls, through salt, slush and what-have-you and they still look new (keep in mind they were made sometime around 2002).

I went with a tweaked 304SS ATR quad exhaust on the black & tan and on Mel's Sky Redline because we plan on keeping them for a long time. I went with a 304SS system on the SC Riviera and the old PPM RMS because they get driven almost exclusively in the winter. They don't perform better than a mild steel exhaust, but I don't want to do the exhaust on it again 2,5 or 10 years down the line. I agree $1300 is a lot of money: keep your eyes open in the FS section of the ISSF and craigslist. They pop up from time to time for less than a new aluminzed aftermarket kit. The Borla seems to be the one that pops up the most frequently.
Back to top Go down

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:32 pm

The Borla seem to come up for sale here pretty often.Think the seller is trying to recover some of the fortune they spent on the Borla's when bought new.My favorite is the guy who sold the car 2 years ago and wants the exhaust system out of the garage almost for free.These systems always
show up when I dont have the car to go with the exhaust!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Well after having a flowmaster muffler on my car for a few years,. I have gone back to factory walker exhaust with a new cat. Love how quiet it is.
Funny you say that. I'm going back to stock exhausts on both my LT1s this summer. Going to enjoy the radio instead.
Back to top Go down

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Our median age is going up when we start talking about quiet exhaust.Not like a loud obnoxious
exhaust is going to REALLY make a measurable difference in our wagons 0 to 60 times.With the
exception of Gerry,s wagon and the sweet music his wagon makes.Would have loved to hear the
wagon with the stock LS7 cam and then the Katech cam!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:00 pm

I can't tell you how much I am loving the stock exhaust on the blue Caprice. Silent.
Back to top Go down
AlmostaBuick

AlmostaBuick

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:04 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Wow, I hadn't seen that exhaust referenced in like 10 years! I didn't know it was still around. I only know of one guy who had it, and he liked it. But like I said, that was a LOOOOOOONG time ago. Wink

I'm not sure what the difference is on wagon pipes. I should have saved my stock sedan exhaust and stock wagon exhaust and compared the OTA pipes... Someone must have both laying around, no?

Maybe someone could ask on the big board. I'm sure one of the members could come through over there...

Maybe I missed it, but is the company still in business?
A phone call or email with the question sedan / wagon would get you an answer pronto, I would think. Question
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:09 pm

I ended up with Tri-Y headers feeding hi flow cats. Then to aluminized 2.5" mid pipes to Jardine mufflers (Dough Thorley cat back). Then custom 304 tails starting at 2.5" and finishing at 3.5" with a gradual expansion dumping behind the mud flaps. Loving it, but may be a little loud. When I need to replace the mufflers and mid pipes it will make it easy as the hangers are on the tail pipes and headers. Tails should out last the car.
Back to top Go down
Limited1

Limited1

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 pm

They are still around...I have the mufflers on the 94 RMW I am parting out now if somebody is looking for a high quality set of mufflers. I have the tails too but they are sedan only side exit. I went with Dynomax VT mufflers on my new 95 RMW and love them. Quiet with no drone but loud when you want it to be. These muffler are best of both worlds, now lets just see how long they last!

Last edited by Limited1 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:02 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Tails should out last the car.
Those tails may very well outlive me!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Limited1 wrote:
They are absolutely around...I have the mufflers on the 94 RMW I am parting out now if somebody is looking for a high quality set of mufflers. I have the tails too but they are sedan only side exit. I went with Dynomax VT mufflers on my new 95 RMW and love them. Quiet with no drone but loud when you want it to be. These muffler are best of both worlds, now lets just see how long they last!

Billy boat mufflers and tails. I can use them on my Impala. PM me what you want for them. I may be in Pittsburgh in the next few weeks, so I would be able to meet you.

Tim
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:24 am

sherlock9c1 wrote:
1993 Roady-man wrote:
Funny you say that. I'm going back to stock exhausts on both my LT1s this summer. Going to enjoy the radio instead.

Seriously I really enjoy my wagon again, and it's nice to sneak back in the driveway. Kids hate it. LOL!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:39 am

1993 Roady-man wrote:
sherlock9c1 wrote:
1993 Roady-man wrote:

Seriously I really enjoy my wagon again, and it's nice to sneak back in the driveway. Kids hate it. LOL!

My family knows I am coming for about a mile! Thank goodness for the noise cancelling head set or phone calls would be impossible.
Back to top Go down
yakko

yakko

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Quiet is nice. I would rather invest in a second rear A/C unit. When I want noise I just jump in my 9C1. The other day I almost hit the key to start my wagon while it was running. Shocked No problem hearing the tunes in the car! Smile

Randy
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
I can't tell you how much I am loving the stock exhaust on the blue Caprice. Silent.

I'm with you on this. I need a pair of mufflers and would love to get SS, but I want that quiet, stock, exhaust. Once upon a time, quiet power was considered a mark of refinement and quality. I guess I still have that mindset.
Back to top Go down

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Thats one of many things I like about twin turbo's that when setup properly are remarkably quiet
while still making 800 horsepower.Even as a teenager I was never a fan of loud exhaust,my 67
mustang came with dual exhaust and cherry bombs which were replaced with the very early
turbo mufflers.Car was much more enjoyable with the quieter exhaust and cops didnt even look
twice when I went by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Billy Boat exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Boat exhaust   Billy Boat exhaust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Billy Boat exhaust
Page 1 of 1