GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

91 exhaust help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chevy5seven

chevy5seven

91 exhaust help Empty
PostSubject: 91 exhaust help   91 exhaust help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am

I have a '91 Caprice wagon and I want some rumble to it! I am not wanting to go with a full custom dual exhaust, yet, because I have plans on a 350 swap from the 305, and don't want to spend money that I may have to spend again after the swap. Right now it is stock. 2 into 1 then the cat then muffler then tip all on the right side of car. Thinking of getting rid of the cat all the way back and replacing with a 1 into 2 muffler with turndowns at muffler exit. Right now I am wanting the sound and not so much the looks because when I put new motor in I will go with tips and everything. Any advice? scratch
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

91 exhaust help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 91 exhaust help   91 exhaust help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

91 exhaust help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 91 exhaust help   91 exhaust help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:57 pm

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t6461-exhausting-effort

The following are walker numbers minus the muffler number that is a thrush number.

I have purchased a 3" 9C1 Crossover Pipe #40299 along with a 2.5" int. pipe #44915, the correct 2.5" offset / offset muffler #17696, and a 2.5" over the axle pipe #43052. From there I will turn it out behind the rear tire.

I am also looking at putting a set of shorties on it later on, to clean up the eng compartment and to add some rumble to it.

Will post up some pics as I get working on it, hope it comes out half way decent.

Have been really busy but looks like tommorow I may do this project (Temps are supposed to be in the low 100's so we will see)

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

91 exhaust help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 91 exhaust help   91 exhaust help Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Just cut it off and put a Flowmaster on where the muffler is now. Put a turndown on the end of the flowmaster, and cant it 45 degrees to the outside. It should give you the sound you want. You can use the Flowmaster on the new engine with a matching one for the other side. Whatever size pipe you are planning for the replacement engine, get the Flowmaster in that size and use an adapter to your current pipe.

When you go to true duals, you need to make a hump in the driver's side of the trans support for the pipe to go under.

If you are going to put a 350 in it, go for an LQ4 and matching transmission. The cost is not all that much more, and you get a lot more HP (almost double).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

91 exhaust help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 91 exhaust help   91 exhaust help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

91 exhaust help
Page 1 of 1