GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagonfest Florida

Go down 
+10
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
brokecello
Nick Danger
rh96ss
Krzdimond
jayoldschool
a1awind
jeffracer
Sprocket
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:06 pm

March 26th, 2011 - Southeast Impala SS Nationals Car Show and
GOFASST's 16th Birthday Celebration
Daytona Spring Spectacular (mar 25,26,& 27th)

I'm going to get with Gofasst (I hear Bob Borchers is retiring from his president position) to try and get more wagons there this year.

They are a great group and have a GREAT Raffle every year. Lot's of wagon types from ISSF show up (and a few from here).

Last year was about 18 wagons, year before about 15. Over 60 b-bodies each year too.
The show is pretty cool as all the 'clubs' show up. The Fiero club was next to us last year. Couple of them had LT1s in 'em lol.

So mark your calendars!!! I will update as I get more info. Let's give the Impalas a run for their money, ha ha ha

Wagonfest Florida 100_1853

Wagonfest Florida 100_1854

Wagonfest Florida 100_1857

Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm going, but not putting my car with the others. lol

Actually, it might be kind of cool to get everyone to sign my hood (I copied Ruby's hood stripe, but with chalkboard paint. Maybe we could park next to each other lol)
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:23 pm

So the show is on Saturday, correct? What time do I need to get there?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:31 pm

The Impala nationals (aka Wagonfest south) is on Saturday ONLY. The spring show runs Fri-Sun.

First year I went up Friday night and met everyone near the hotel and we made a train into the Speedway. Kinda fun seeing 30 B-bodies lined up and cruisin. Last year I drove up the morning and headed in. If we want to cruise in together, I think we met at like 8:30 and drove in. Last year I got up there about 9 AM, but didn't get that good fence parking.

Sting, don't worry about your car, it'll be fine, I'm telling everyone mines a rat rod this year Smile
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:35 pm

you're kidding me!!! i will be down there the following week!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:08 pm

a1awind wrote:
you're kidding me!!! i will be down there the following week!!! Sad

drive down a week early and make a stop

Robert, you need to come, it's less than 3 hrs from you!! Chris? Show off that Sedan Woody....

Last edited by Sprocket on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 pm

^ What he said.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm there the week before...
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Stay longer. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:55 pm

I would LOVE to, but sadly, my car is no longer "show quality" it has just been used too much and it shows. I now have clear coat failure and then there is that wheel well rust issue that I butchered....

Maybe I can just repaint that quarter and get new carpet.......
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Anybody have a link with info for the actual show? (Like entry fees/costs, what's going down, etc. etc.)
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
I would LOVE to, but sadly, my car is no longer "show quality" it has just been used too much and it shows. I now have clear coat failure and then there is that wheel well rust issue that I butchered....Maybe I can just repaint that quarter and get new carpet.......

Don't be silly. Just come for the cars and camaraderie. You should have seen the cobwebs on the rims on my wagon I brought a few years ago. It managed to take second in the wagon category. There are more wagons attending now.

Stingroo wrote:
Anybody have a link with info for the actual show? (Like entry fees/costs, what's going down, etc. etc.)

Daytona Spring Show
Registration - $25 before Feb 1
Gofasst show participation is about $10 IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
I would LOVE to, but sadly, my car is no longer "show quality" it has just been used too much and it shows. I now have clear coat failure and then there is that wheel well rust issue that I butchered....

Maybe I can just repaint that quarter and get new carpet.......

Never have I shown a show quality car scratch
Wagonfest Florida 101_2041
a year before I took it to the same show. I doubt you car looks like that.

and that was when it was looking good. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Wagonfest Florida 100_1872
but they all have their good side
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:34 am

1730 miles from here. Not as close as Flint (1587 miles), or Redmond (1439 miles), but closer than Waterloo (1893 miles). I'm just too lazy to drive that far just to see the station wagon enthusiasts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
brokecello
brokecello

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:17 am

Well, if I came...it would have to be in the OCC and I'd have to find a creative way to cover the 'quarter crinkle' lol.

What good cheap hotels do you recommend near there? Found some nice deals near the Speedway on Hotwire ($44night), Cara is gonna check her schedule today Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 pm

brokecello wrote:
Well, if I came...it would have to be in the OCC and I'd have to find a creative way to cover the 'quarter crinkle' lol.

What good cheap hotels do you recommend near there? Found some nice deals near the Speedway on Hotwire ($44night), Cara is gonna check her schedule today Wink

sweet. Side PM me where you found 44 a night! I stayed at a quality inn just west of I-95 last time for 60 a night, but I didn't book it this far out either. We were only 5 minutes from the speedway too. You might even find beach front for a deal is business is slow Smile

Beach is a 15 min ride from the track
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:46 pm

I am coming!! Smile

I asked Cara to check into the details...and she went ahead and booked the Hotwire room!!! WHOOO!! We are going to FL baby!! BAM!

Do I need to do anything special when I register? List a club or something?

Sprocket...we nabbed the Jameson Inn Daytona Beach for $44 per night. 2.5 Star. They did have 'on the beach' 3 and 3.5 stars for $68 a night.

We always use Hotwire when we book trips, and its never let us down yet. No refunds though, so you gotta go Wink

Time to start prepping the beater. Lol Need some spray paint...

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Sweeeet!!!

did you get Friday and Saturday night? I'm going to hotwire as travelocity was 80 a night for the same hotel
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Yup, Fri and Sat night Smile WHOO!!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm IN! Just booked it at the same hotel for Friday and Saturday night.
Looks like a personal day off of work for Friday baby!!! hee hee.

Here is the official registration page.
http://daytonabeachcarshows.com/images/stories/registration_form_spring_show2011.pdf
Last year I paid cash when I rolled up to the gate.

then if you want to register for the GoFasst show (show within the show), you can do it there or off their website. (you don't HAVE to register for their show but you are supporting their club, etc etc.).
http://gofasst.us/ <- but they don't have the show details posted yet...
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Gotcha!

Really looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Yeah I'm not gonna spend the $30 to get my car out there.

However, I will invite everyone afterward to the parking lot to sign my chalkboard hood. Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Might be worth the 30 bucks to get pics of your car on the infield at Day-friggen-tona!!!! Very Happy

At least, I'd think so. Smile

I wonder if I could time this to when I go pick up that 77??? Wink
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Eh. I've been to Daytona several times. lol My car just isn't worthy of being in the show. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Eh. I've been to Daytona several times. lol My car just isn't worthy of being in the show. Sad

you just aren't getting it youngster. It costs money to walk in. you drive in and two get in (last year I had 3 in my car and it was the same price). Not to mention you don't have to walk a mile to get back to your car. It's a wash money wise as long as you have two in the car so bring a date.

You WILL park your wagon in the infield with the others or I'll have you banned from the forum, lol.

Plus you want a pic like the one I took of your car at the track. Rite of passage and coolness factor (Crovo doesn't have one of HIS car at Daytona baw ha ha).

That said, Bill you can make it down there in about 20-21 hours Smile
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:55 pm

What's it cost to walk in then? I don't know. Maybe I'll do it. I'm up in the air about it.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Stingroo wrote:
What's it cost to walk in then? I don't know. Maybe I'll do it. I'm up in the air about it.

Dude, if I'm gonna bring in my worn out OCC...you can bring your chalkboard Caprice! Park next to me and we can balance each other out. lol
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:01 pm

I suppose so, but I'm only going to be there for Saturday (is that going to complicate parking and stuff?)

Hopefully by then I'll have new wheels so it won't look QUITE so bad. Maybe I'll just take all the photos from my good side (Driver's side, lol)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Stingroo wrote:
I suppose so, but I'm only going to be there for Saturday (is that going to complicate parking and stuff?)

Hopefully by then I'll have new wheels so it won't look QUITE so bad. Maybe I'll just take all the photos from my good side (Driver's side, lol)

Yes it is a car show, but I have taken two less than stellar wagons the past two years (peeling clear coat, big dents, bent stainless trim, etc) and no one pointed and laughed. Did I compete to win best of show? Of course not. Did I have fun? Hell Yeah.

That plus you have your car right there will all your snacks and drinks, and comforts right there in the back Smile
If you get tired you can even take a nap in it!

Oh and I think its 12 or 15 to walk in so like I said, you ARE participating.

Last edited by Sprocket on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Fine. lol I'll mail a check Monday.

You win.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Fine. lol I'll mail a check Monday.

You win.

Yaaay, peer pressure prevails!!!! lmao
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:34 pm

So it seems. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:33 am

I'm just coming over for Saturday at the Speedway. Do I need to register/pay for the 3 day event and the Saturday show or can I just pay for the part at the Speedway?
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:37 am

^ I wonder the same....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:55 am

The last two years I have gone work this way.

1. You have to pay the Daytona folks. period that's the cost to get in. 25 or 30 bucks (depending on when you register). that gets two people and your car on the infield. Last year I had two riders with me and it still was only 30 bucks .

2. You don't HAVE to pay the GoFasst guys to register for their show within the show to park in their area unless you want to compete in the Impala SE regionals competition as well (they have a wagon class). First year I did as I had never 'shown' a car before, but last year I opted out of that portion. Details on that should be showing up on their website very soon. I still bought their t-shirt (it has Larry's wagon on after all!), but I think if you want to play their raffle (they have AWESOME prizes) you have to sport them a few bucks. Keep in mind GoFasst spends some money to put up the tent, rent the chairs to give you a place to hang out, and have some drinks and chips, so I gave them a few $$ to help cover that.

3. THe GOFasst club is a bunch of great people and they put on a very nice event, so I recommend supporting them if you have the financial means too.

Having been to this show twice and Wagonfest, it's the same attitude of the people in attendance.......IT'S all about the cars. They don't really care if you paint is faded, it's about the camaraderie of fellow enthusiasts and the spark you will get to want to go home and mod the hell out of your ride will carry you for months geek
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Stingroo wrote:
So it seems. Laughing

your car is more of a custom than mine anyway. headers, rims, etc....
tell everyone it's a rat rod and you distressed the paint that way on purpose Smile
Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Well, rims is a stretch.

Rims may be coming though! Possibly as early as two weeks from today.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:29 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
....................I wonder if I could time this to when I go pick up that 77??? Wink

Wait..... what?......
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:04 pm

I'll be at the speedway Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the Swapmeet area with the White Elephant full of parts, and some tools. If anyone needs a particular item, let me know. If I have it, I will bring it along, and you can save on the shipping.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Fred, you need to make it over to the B-body area on Saturday, if only for a little while....

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Just got "permission" to be there. Wife won't come 'cause she'll be bored. Help me out here guys, anyone else bringing their "non-gearhead" better halves?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Just got "permission" to be there. Wife won't come 'cause she'll be bored. Help me out here guys, anyone else bringing their "non-gearhead" better halves?

Sweeet! Um, my better half is halfway round the world celebrating New Years with her family so I dunno if she's coming, but doubt it as with a blown out knee, she won't want to be spending the day walking the infield.

There IS a big mall across the street from the speedway....and a beach that's only 15 min away. I saw beachfront rooms on Hotwire for about 70 a night. Lot's of action down that way.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Been there, done that. She says that she can shop here too.

Which Hotel are Y'all staying at?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Anyone want a room mate? Could be some free parts in it for you.

I can't leave my parts out unguarded and go to the B-body area. It is a price you pay for being a vendor (besides the $80).
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Krzdimond wrote:

try Hotwire and the $44 dollar a night one by Daytona Speedway was the Jameson Inn. If you go to their website it was 80 a night...
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Krzdimond wrote:

I'm bringing Cara...but she is kinda a gearhead. Lol
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 pm

I just signed up for the $44/night room. Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
impalassdude

impalassdude

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:40 am

Krzdimond wrote:

we have booked a block of rooms at the hoilday inn express.same hotel as last year.price is $79 a night with a hot breakfest.just say you want the GOFASST/SoFASST rate.book soon,they will hold that rate till march 12th. this is the host hotel for the past years.

386-258-6333
Back to top Go down
http://SoFASST.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Raffle Items posted   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:11 pm

http://gofasst.us/raffle_items.htm

If anyone wants to donate to the cause LMK asap....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wagonfest Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next