GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagonfest Florida

Go down 
+10
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
brokecello
Nick Danger
rh96ss
Krzdimond
jayoldschool
a1awind
jeffracer
Sprocket
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Oh snaps.

Is anyone coming SOUTH for the show? I maaaaay need someone's assistance if they're willing. Smile
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:05 pm

What did you buy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:05 pm

I may have found my seat. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:06 pm

I will run through JAX sometime early Friday.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Seat's in North Carolina Sad
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Chris (Brokecello) might could bringum down.......
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Seat's in North Carolina Sad

Where in NC?? ...shoot me a PM with details and I can prob pick them up for you if its not too far. I'm in Greenville, SC. 29687

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Curses. He's about 300 miles from you in Princeton, NC.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Curses. He's about 300 miles from you in Princeton, NC.

CRAP! I am actually going up to Raleigh the 1st weekend of April. Poor timing!!! Sad If the guy will meet me somewhere north of Charlotte..I could do that for you. But yeah, I can't swing that whole trip before WF FL. Sorry!!

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:52 pm

I'll direct him to you. If you can get a hold of the seat, you would be my hero. No kidding.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 3:37 pm

people have shipped whole seats for about 40 on greyhound.....just sayin
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:20 pm

Sprocket wrote:
people have shipped whole seats for about 40 on greyhound.....just sayin

I was going to suggest that too. I have shipped lots of reasonably big auto parts via Greyhound. Only drawwback is shipper has to take it to the depot on one end and you have to pick it up from the depot on the other.

I shipped a roll bar for an Austin Healey Sprite, a pair of front doors for a Mini Cooper, a complete air conditioning system including condensr and evaporator. Never had anything arrive damaged either.

Another benefit is you get to see some really bizarre people at the bus station! cyclops geek alien
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Hotel booked and registration mailed off last week. It's official, I WILL be there.

Interior already gutted, cleaned, and replaced.

Engine partially painted

Need to paint the rear quarter

Need to polish the snot out of the paint

Polish the wheels

and.........

and.........
and.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:34 am

I'll be paying at the gate. No worries though. I may end up in a hotel, my parents are coming up for the show as well. If not I'll just drive up to Jax after the show or maybe sleep in the wagon or whatever. I'm going though, dammit. Hopefully with more mods Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Hotel booked and registration mailed off last week. It's official, I WILL be there.

Interior already gutted, cleaned, and replaced.

Engine partially painted

Need to paint the rear quarter

Need to polish the snot out of the paint

Polish the wheels

and.........

and.........
and.........

Woah there....you'd better slow down or you will make us all look bad!! Smile Looking forward to seeing you again! Still waiting for my registration stuff to come back to me (been awhile since I sent a Money Order)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm doing the poor college kid on a budget version of what Krzdimond is doing.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:24 pm

No matter who parks next to me they will look like a 99 point show car, lol. If there is an ugliest category I'll be the runaway fave, ha ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:25 pm

I don't know about that.... lol
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Stingroo wrote:
I'm doing the poor college kid on a budget version of what Krzdimond is doing.

Smile

drive through the tunnel wash, vacuum it out and touch up with rustolium?? Is that about right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:38 pm

Wash? What's that?

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Daytona is looking like a slim chance right now.

Will update when I can. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Disregard. We're cool. Smile

My radio died, so I had to buy a replacement, which was $100. But I also planned on doing my front brakes, so I was worried, but it turns out I didn't need new rotors, I didn't even need to get them turned - they were in great shape. New pads and calipers (one wouldn't go back) and we're all set. So the $120 I anticipated spending on rotors, I ended up spending on a radio, and therefore, my budget is intact! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Well if everybodys going to be there I am calling my driver and getting my Provost detailed and
fueled up and I coming.Stingroo you can crash with the help in the Airstream I tow behind my
Provost.I am having my OCC and RMW trailered down with my Ferrari 458 Italia that I havent got to drive yet since I had it upholstered with whale penis leather.Seriously guys I wish I could be
there but Dad turned 80 sunday and he needs me more so I am staying.
Have A Great Time and No Trouble
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:44 pm

We'll do our best to provide you with a Mike-like photo assortment. I for one will have an HD camcorder/camera with me to record as many of the shenanigans as I can. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:17 pm

damn I wanted to see that whale penis leather Sad
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:32 pm

So...who is using this weekend to get their wagons ready. lol

I am changing the rear pinion seal/new yoke kit and also doing a trans fluid and filter change.

I need to buff the wagon up and figure out how I can park it where the quarter crinkle wont show. Wink Might lean a folding chair up against it! HA!! I'm going for the patina look with the faded paint....
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Polishing the raw aluminum on the wheels, buffing out the paint, detailing the engine (Wednesday as the aerosol dressing is en route), replace the "daily driver" parts with the "good stuff" under the hood, LEARN TO PAINT so I can fix that clear coat failure on the passenger quarter.

The leaking intake manifold and pinion bearing will have to wait....

Interior will be done when I get there....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:00 pm

I just spent an hour with a sander out there....now it's dark and dew setting up so I'm done for the night. This weekend is going to fly by and I probably won't get half of what I need done. Only a week left.....I should go back out there and find out why the AC compressor won't kick on.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Sprocket wrote:
.....I should go back out there and find out why the AC compressor won't kick on.

Because at 65*, it is too cold by Florida's standards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Hey man, don't make fun of our weather.

My post seems to have disappeared but...

I did most of the tune up stuff I had planned (except I could only get to 7 of the spark plugs... the one is right behind the header and damn near impossible I think.) Gas mileage improved significantly. Got my air horns wired up, my new radio installed (but I need to check on my speaker wiring...) and I'm pretty much ready to roll. Couldn't find the oil leak though. It isn't the cooler lines. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
.....I should go back out there and find out why the AC compressor won't kick on.

Because at 65*, it is too cold by Florida's standards

I wish it was still that COLD. It hit 80 today and was over 100 in the car
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:48 am

I feel your pain.... was 86 yesterday with the same today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:57 pm

88 here now.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:12 pm

WHOO! I don't have gear oil pouring/slinging out of the back of the OCC now. Got the new yoke kit on and trans fluid changed. I am ready!! Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:36 am

So what time is everyone arriving? Maybe we could all meet at a hotel or restaurant in the morning and head over to the show together (best odds of parking together too). I'd be down, even if it was something simple like fast food.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Please make sure to take a LOT of pics please! I really loved seeing all the ones from the New York meet last summer. Looking forward to your posts.

Have fun...I'm SO jealous!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Son has to work until 2-ish, so I expect to leave here around 3...... be at the hotel around 8ish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:20 pm

8 on Friday I assume?

I'm leaving here early on Saturday, like 7am or so and driving down (it's about an hour and a half).
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Yes, 8pm on Fri.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:18 pm

In years past, the SS guys met up near the Holiday Inn and trained in. They meet around 8:30 I think. I think we may want to scoot in just ahead of them so we can get the nice Fence spots, lol. I'm thinking heading out around 8-8:15 from the Jameson Inn parking lot. I know RH96SS will probably be there before us (lives nearby), but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter as the group as a whole has a whole area. Last year I lost my spot when I moved to have my window rollers fixed, but then wound up next to another AGW so that was cool.

Anyway I think most of us wagon types are staying at the Jameson so it follows we can just meet up there. It's a FULL day at the track so pack your cooler appropriately.

In other news, I was soo busy today with other stuff, I didn't even get to my AC Sad
Several setbacks costing me time, but I'm about 60% done with what I need to get done....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:20 pm

oh yeah, I plan on being up there by about 1 or 2 on Friday, figure I'll tootle over there and get my pass, and do the vendor area and say hi to Fred Smile
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:35 pm

blah blah blah. talk is cheap. shut up and show up.

i will be there, judging for gofasst/sofasst so clean up/shine up biatches! donations welcome and accepted!

joking aside. it isn't about what you bring, it is that you show up and enjoy the fun.

see you fools there
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

ok im gonna be getting in to cape canaverel on saturday...once i dump my Father-in-law off at the hotel i wonder how long of a ride it is to daytona from there?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Leaving here at 8am Fri...so hoping to pull in at the hotel by 5ish. Hope I can find a quarter car wash close...I know I will have bugs to spray off.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:32 pm

I can't afford the hotel, so I'm just driving. I'll definitely try and remember to pack a cooler of some sort though... good idea.
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:45 am

brokecello wrote:
Leaving here at 8am Fri...so hoping to pull in at the hotel by 5ish. Hope I can find a quarter car wash close...I know I will have bugs to spray off.

For those unfamiliar, It is the start of love bug season in Florida, clean em off quick as they have the same acid blood as the creatures in the Alien movies.

I'm leaving Tampa at zero dark thirty Saturday morning, plan to be in Daytona about 7:30 am. I am unclear on where I should meet up with everyone to cruise in together. Is there an address for the officially designated meeting place so I can GPS it?
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:31 am

Gofasst Daytona 2011

Hotel Info

Daytona Holiday Inn Express
Daytona I-95 & W. Speedway Blvd.
2620 W. International Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, Florida 32114

Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:09 am

jeffracer wrote:
brokecello wrote:

For those unfamiliar, It is the start of love bug season in Florida, clean em off quick as they have the same acid blood as the creatures in the Alien movies.

I'm leaving Tampa at zero dark thirty Saturday morning, plan to be in Daytona about 7:30 am. I am unclear on where I should meet up with everyone to cruise in together. Is there an address for the officially designated meeting place so I can GPS it?

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO! i forgot about those things! anyone have luck with a spray bra? i used a screen on my focus, it kinda worked.

ill be down there because we are leaving on a cruise sunday morning. out of cape canaveral. i may come up to daytona for a min if we get in early enough saturday
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I will be bringing my "love bug eraser", but it'll eat the wax off......I'm bringing some of that too....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next