GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
switchblade327

Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon? Empty
PostSubject: Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon?   Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 12:47 pm

I've been digging through old posts here and on the Impala SS forum for months but I still don't have a clear idea what to do.

I have a 95 RMW with the stiff Bilsteins, big, Hellwig front bar and a 21mm Crown Vic rear sway bar. I already picked up the CC625 rear springs (1" drop, slightly higher than stock spring rate at 227lbs) and I'm looking to replace the front springs with something just a little stiffer than stock (500-550lbs?) and also an inch or so drop (I realize I may need to cut a coil to make this happen; I would also consider taller springs + Belltech drop spindles; Im getting new wheels soon anyway.) In the rear, I also have Airlift 1000s ready to install to support the back when loaded.

All I'm finding is stock rate springs (440lbs) or much higher spring rates (710-750lbs) from Crown Vic but Id like to keep the freeway-friendly, Buick ride and let the sway bars do most of the cornering work. Are there any in-between options for the front?

Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon?   Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Cut 1/2 coil off the fronts,. It'll raise the spring rate,. And lower the car,.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon?   Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 9:51 am

If you put drop spindles on it, you may have to use a narrower tire if you also put drop springs in. I have drop spindles plus about an inch of drop from springs, and the widest tire I can use on IMP rims is a 215/60/15. The drop spindles push the tires out about 3/8 inch on each side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon?   Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front springs for big sway bars, CC625 rears on a wagon?
Page 1 of 1