GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front Brake Rotors... what ones?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Front Brake Rotors... what ones? Empty
PostSubject: Front Brake Rotors... what ones?   Front Brake Rotors... what ones? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Are these what I want?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Brake-Rotor-&45;-Front-Wearever_3560848-P_221_R|GRPDRUMAMS_578757623___

They're $54, Advance says they fit my car, but then there's another set that's $103 that also fits. What's the difference?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Brake-Rotor-Wagner_19200379-P_221_R|GRPDRUMAMS_1570547395___

Are they both wrong? If so, what do I need? I'm tackling the front brakes with my dad on Monday or Tuesday while I'm home for Spring Break. Thanks for your help guys. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Rotors... what ones?   Front Brake Rotors... what ones? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:15 am

The wagner is pretty close to oem quality and the wearever is just a cheaper housebrand.
Wagner cost $110 each and the wearever is $70 each and both come fitted with the bearing
races.Unless you plan on keeping the car forever just buy the wearever brand.Just make sure
to clean your wheel bearings very good and inspect for defects and if ok repack them with
a quality grease.The wearevers will give good service as long as you install them properly and torque to specs.
MHO
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Rotors... what ones?   Front Brake Rotors... what ones? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:49 am

I'm running the wearevers on my 1A2 and so far they perform good. I have about 3k on them and no warping. The only problem is the hub was not machined well on these. The outside diameter was a bit too large and I had to fight my rims to go back on. Now one wheel is stuck on there and I can't get it off. Might want to check that and file or grind them down just a hair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Rotors... what ones?   Front Brake Rotors... what ones? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:20 am

Hmmm good to know. I'll check that out.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Rotors... what ones?   Front Brake Rotors... what ones? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 pm

I put the wearever rotors on both my B bodies and they work great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Rotors... what ones?   Front Brake Rotors... what ones? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front Brake Rotors... what ones?
Page 1 of 1