GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars

Go down 
+2
jasonlachapelle
Nick Danger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Empty
PostSubject: Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars   Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Bill Harper is thinking about setting up another group purchase of rear sway bars for the wagons. Check out this thread at ISSF.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=257356

I was extremely happy with the 1-5/16" rear sway bar. I added the rear sway bar, fully boxed lower control arms, and an SS front sway bar all at the same time, so I don't know how much each component improved the ride. But end result was great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars   Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:14 pm

high quality parts, and Bill is great to deal with. I've had 3 Hellwig 1 3/8" fronts (PPM RMS, 94 RMW and 95 RMW), as well as their 28mm sedan bar and 1.5" massive wagon bar. For some reason I thought the 1.5" was never going to be made again. If they are available again, this would be a great time to get one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars   Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 am

Man why does this kind of stuff ALWAYS happen when I have other projects going on?!

Curses!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars   Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
Bill Harper is thinking about setting up another group purchase of rear sway bars for the wagons. Check out this thread at ISSF.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=257356

I was extremely happy with the 1-5/16" rear sway bar. I added the rear sway bar, fully boxed lower control arms, and an SS front sway bar all at the same time, so I don't know how much each component improved the ride. But end result was great!

I just replaced the lower army with UMI boxed and it feels like I added a bar. MUCH stiffer and quieter (old rubber was almost gone)
Back to top Go down
FlashGumby

FlashGumby

PostSubject: Re: Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars   Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Looks like the rear superbar is a go (we have enough commitments) but need two more to sign up to get the front bar to go with it.

If anybody's on the fence, this probably won't happen again - may as well jump in!

(I want my front bar Twisted Evil )

-Scott
Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars DaddyWagon_big-1
-Scott McGrath
'96 Roadmaster Estate Ltd. - Last of the Great American Wagons
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2762557
ISSCA#2229 BCA#43406 BMD#115
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars   Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:53 pm

This is going to sound like a stupid noob question. But what benefit does putting a rear sway bar on a wagon provide?
Back to top Go down
SaltyDog1969

SaltyDog1969

PostSubject: Re: Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars   Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 pm

I had that style bar on my 94 Impala. I reinforced a set of stock loer arms. Never had a problem. Awesome bar by the way.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars   Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
This is going to sound like a stupid noob question. But what benefit does putting a rear sway bar on a wagon provide?

(Never call a question stupid. If you never ask questions, you'll never learn anything. Have some respect for yourself!)

I changed more than one component in one go. The result is that the car no longer wallows around corners, and I don't have to keep making steering corrections to stay in my lane at speed. Other people report that they are no longer affected by crosswinds. It feels like it shed a thousand pounds. I started liking this car when it began to drive where I pointed it.

There are some testaments in the old big rear sway bar thread on ISSF.

Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars   Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible group purchase of rear wagon sway bars
Page 1 of 1