GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas

Go down 
+3
Krzdimond
BigBlackBeaSSt
81X11
7 posters
AuthorMessage

13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:50 am

Hi guys. Just posted my 13k mile 95 Caprice Wagon on Ebay. Please take a look and pass it on to anyone you know who may be interested. I'd like it to go to a good home and not get "donked out". Ebay Auction
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:18 am

Like that you did some tasteful mods on the car but didn't go overboard. Nice Cappy!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:22 am

My only reservation on airport/service vehicles is you can't trust the mileage because they let those cars sit and idle for hours and hours. Many service cars now have "hour meters" to tell you how long the engine has been running, since going by the odometer is somewhat pointless.

Still that one looks really clean!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:29 am

Looks clean but $10k for a very basic car, WOW!!...... all be it a very clean looking car.

Needs to be dressed up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:37 am

you can't have a "sleeper" if it's flashy...... just saying....
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:58 am

I love it. I dunno why. But I love it.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:37 am

I like it a lot, well done.

My only complaint is the front bumper cover, too wavy and droopy under the grille and lights.

Good luck with the sale Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:18 pm

I kinda like that front bumper cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks for the warm reception, fellas! Very Happy

I normally agree about the mileage/hour issue. My work car shows 95k on the odometer, but has 4000 hours on the hour meter! The wagon is one of those cars where if you were to see it in person, you'd agree with the miles and that there weren't excessive hours on it. This car has none of the telltale signs. No faded digital cluster, no worn saggy driver's seats and the engine purrs. If you ever have the chance to drive a low mile Caprice, jump on it. It's amazing how much different they are. It's just hard to explain. I had a 80k mile 9c1 that I put tons of money into, rebuilding the front end, new body mounts, etc. It still wasn't as good as this wagon is.

The bumper is one of those things that was a tradeoff. It makes the car look like it had a bad nights sleep with bags under it's eyes, haha! Because it's fiberglass, it doesn't flex or fit like the original. This was my first smoothie bumper experience, so I really didn't know what to expect. I'm told there are lots of variances in different molds, etc. That being said, I still think it looks much better than the factory bumper. I wanted to keep the clean, old school sleeper theme throughout the car. I've had a bunch of interest in it from Craigslist at my starting price, which is why I just decided to post it on ebay.

I bought this car on a whim, and just held onto it until I could decide what I wanted to do. Because I already have a 90 9c1 (former LA County Sheriff's) and a 94 9c1 (former CHP), I decided to sell this one to concentrate on the 90. That wagon is sweet, but I already have a truck that I can't give up. The wagon gets a lot more attention for sure though! Smile

*edited for spelling

Last edited by excessivespeed on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:59 pm

That wagon is COOL! 13,000 miles, no salty winters. That's worth $10,000 all day to the right guy. And the hours thing is no biggie, the only thing that effects is the engine. I'd take the 13,000 mile suspension pieces, suspension mounts, body mounts, interior panels/parts.... all that stuff that loosens up from use. it probably feels nice and tight. Excellent pics in the auction listing, good luck! Again, very nice wagon.

Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Wow, that is really nice...love the touches you did. Love the wheel idea too. Very nice!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:54 pm

200OZ wrote:
That wagon is COOL! 13,000 miles, no salty winters. That's worth $10,000 all day to the right guy. And the hours thing is no biggie, the only thing that effects is the engine. I'd take the 13,000 mile suspension pieces, suspension mounts, body mounts, interior panels/parts.... all that stuff that loosens up from use. it probably feels nice and tight. Excellent pics in the auction listing, good luck! Again, very nice wagon.

Mike

Yes, the car is as tight as the day it left the factory. I had a $10k offer right before I was about to list it on ebay, so that's why I started it in that range. My pre ebay let it go price was $10,500. I really don't have that much less into it. There's a nice DCM wagon that listed just after mine with no reserve, so I think that's attracting all the bids. I'm kind of bummed about the timing, as when I listed mine there were no other wagons. Still his car is very nice, albiet very different than mine.

brokecello wrote:

Wow, that is really nice...love the touches you did. Love the wheel idea too. Very nice!!

Thanks. I can't take credit for the wheel idea. There was a website for a beautiful 96 former CHP Caprice for sale that was all blacked out and customized. The owner had done that to his SS wheels, and I fell in love with the look. It just seems to make sense!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas   13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

13k Orig Mile 95 Caprice Wagon in Vegas
Page 1 of 1