GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LED Brake light (under tail gate)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

LED Brake light (under tail gate) Empty
PostSubject: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Hello guys
A few members had ask some question on the leds under my gate.
This is what I did to get custom LEDS under the tail gate.
(Note this not might work for everyone pending your level of fabrication and 12v electrical)
..I used what are called Waterproof Flexible Light Bar
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&category=BARS&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FWFLB.htm#photos
..1 in. square tube thin wall (had laying around ) This will be placed under the tailgate (cutting is required be creative ) flush with the curve of the tail gate and the lip so you hardly see the square tubing from the other side.
I also used a old vintage aluminum widow screen frame for a bracket to hold the led strips in place with silicone and riveted the channel to the 1 in. tubing.
I think the channel/bracket may not be needed you can silicone the led strip to the square tube.
I will try to post more pics pending on the questions..
???? ask away with ????
LED Brake light (under tail gate) 0724092252
LED Brake light (under tail gate) DSCN5448
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/nhgonzo

PostSubject: Re: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey Gonzo,I just spent the last hour going thru all of your car-domain post and man do you rock.
All the pics of your son helping you and the camping trailer along with the pop-up camper made
me think of my youth camping with my family.All of your wagons rock but the the pics when your
RMW was all pearl white is my favorite by far.I am so jealous of your drive to customixe your wagons and your ability to make them so unique!
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:44 pm

GONZO!!!!

Where the hell have you been? I had the cash and the motivation..... now I'm down to the motivation.....

I am interested in the LED lights on the front turn signals and interior. Do you have the writeup on those also?

As for the rear LED's, would the WFLB mounting brackets work instead of fabricating the 1" square stock?

Did you cut the 24 or 48's to get them to fit, or are the 24's for turns and the 48 for brake?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Very impressive isnt it Robert?
Jim
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

PostSubject: Re: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:13 am

Krzdimond wrote:
GONZO!!!!

Where the hell have you been? I had the cash and the motivation..... now I'm down to the motivation.....

I am interested in the LED lights on the front turn signals and interior. Do you have the writeup on those also?

As for the rear LED's, would the WFLB mounting brackets work instead of fabricating the 1" square stock?

Did you cut the 24 or 48's to get them to fit, or are the 24's for turns and the 48 for brake?

Hey there ,I have been under house arrest without a computer Very Happy
just kidding,busy with work and doing the family thing.
The write up still needs some fine tuning its been awhile since I have played with the rear LEDs.
I have been updating the front lights with LED halo rings (SWEET) and turn signals #194 upgrade which will be another write up,
LED Brake light (under tail gate) 20110506114611
which will be on my YouTube page soon.
I really cant remember which size I used,I will have to say the 2qty 48 then cut to fit with both wires starting from in the middle.
The WFLB brackets did not work for me as they are to short and didn't give me the look I was after.I plan to to the wife's 96RMW LEDs under the glass ( like the shaved woody ) and under the gate brake only in the next coming month.
I have already installed 1157 5050 LEDs turn bulbs which to me gives it a deeper reddish color
the first one on the left
LED Brake light (under tail gate) 20101130200600

Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

PostSubject: Re: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:20 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey Gonzo,I just spent the last hour going thru all of your car-domain post and man do you rock.
All the pics of your son helping you and the camping trailer along with the pop-up camper made
me think of my youth camping with my family.All of your wagons rock but the the pics when your
RMW was all pearl white is my favorite by far.I am so jealous of your drive to customixe your wagons and your ability to make them so unique!
Take Care
Jim Gordon

Thank You very much

The all white is missed dearly,it just looked like all the other wagons that I have seen on the WWW. so then It came to me,Ill have to Re woody it and shave it all off.
Thanks again.

Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

PostSubject: Re: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:07 pm

I bought a set of these for a buddy 2008 1500 pick up.They are very bright , I would try these ebay search 120 1157 smd red .The red smd gives it a deep crisp red, the white gives the lens a orange color..

LED Brake light (under tail gate) 2011-12-07%25252020.57.45

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Noel,are the brand gp thunder any good?I have a set of
the 1157 in color red to put into the wagon.The item number
is GP1157-48R and I dont know what the quality is like.My brother is
running a set in his truck and so far so good and about equal to the
stockers in intensity.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

PostSubject: Re: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Noel,are the brand gp thunder any good?I have a set of
the 1157 in color red to put into the wagon.The item number
is GP1157-48R and I dont know what the quality is like.My brother is
running a set in his truck and so far so good and about equal to the
stockers in intensity.
Thanks

Web site or pictures?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED Brake light (under tail gate)   LED Brake light (under tail gate) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LED Brake light (under tail gate)
Page 1 of 1