GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parts availability

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Parts availability Empty
PostSubject: Parts availability   Parts availability Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:54 pm

This is a cross post for the greater part. I had some brake problems with the White Elephant (92 OCC). I took it to my preferred mechanic, and he found that it has a malfunctioning proportioning valve. The issue is that he could not find any new ones available in the United States. I was fortunate in that I just happened to be at the local PNP, and pulled one. Just as a precaution, anyone who has a 91-93 B-body might consider picking one up for a spare. The new ones are net priced at $101 if you can find one. I would be curious if there are any new ones out there that my mechanic did not find.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Parts availability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parts availability   Parts availability Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 pm

I did a little more research, and found one (pn 172-2175) on good old ebay for $104.71 shipped. I am glad I got the one at the junk yard...the newbee at the front desk forgot to charge me for it.
Back to top Go down

Parts availability
Page 1 of 1