GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon Friendly Camping

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
louriv

louriv

Wagon Friendly Camping Empty
PostSubject: Wagon Friendly Camping   Wagon Friendly Camping Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 am

The fam wants to go to Ben & Jerry's in Mid Sept. & camp nearby. Wondering if any one knows of any good spots.
The plan is to drive from NJ to Vermont, check out B&J's, camp near by then make our way down into Boston & camp on the way.
Any suggestions are appriciated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HippodromeGourmetCandles.com
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Friendly Camping   Wagon Friendly Camping Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Its been close to 10 years, but we used to like Elmore State Park just outside of Morristown.

http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/elmore.htm

Its about a 20 minute drive to B&Js and close to Burlington. Great campsite with some Lean Toos if your tent camping. No water or power, but I don't think any of the State Parks in Vermont have them, at least they didn't 10 years ago.

Have a great trip.

Bill
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Friendly Camping   Wagon Friendly Camping Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Lou, you don't really say what type of camping you are going to be doing (tent, popup, trailer) or if you are looking for rustic or all the amenities.

I live about an hour and 20 minutes from Waterbury where B & J's are located. I used to own a KOA Kampground and I have camped extensively when my kids were young. I have since sold the campground and got out of camping.

I would pick up a free KOA directory at any KOA Kampground. With KOA's there are no surprises, you know what you are going to get. I think the closest KOA is about an hour from Waterbury, in White River Junction. There is also another campground in East Montperlier, VT, I think it is called Green Valley Campground. I never stayed there, but it always looked nice. It is about 20 minutes from B & J's on Route 2.

I would be sure to go to the Shelburne Museum, one of the best kept secrets in New England.

Tom C.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Friendly Camping   Wagon Friendly Camping Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:10 am

Don't forget that big wagons are rolling motel rooms. I bought a "full" Ikea foam matress and it fit perfect. A little squeeze to get it down all the way but the foam takes up the wheelwell bulge fine. I put normal sheets, pillows and blankets on it and it's exactly like sleeping in my bed at home. And when you're done camping, just start the car and drive away. No tents or sleeping bags to hassle with. Been doing it for years...............great when it's rainy too. Just start the car and you have heat and AC, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Friendly Camping   Wagon Friendly Camping Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am

Great Idea but George Barris beat you to it with the sex wagon, lol

Wagon Friendly Camping 53239u

Wagon Friendly Camping Img_2046188797

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Friendly Camping   Wagon Friendly Camping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon Friendly Camping
Page 1 of 1