GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member from Huntington Beach, California!

Go down 
+4
phantom 309
Krzdimond
1993 Roady-man
BigBlackBeaSSt
8 posters
AuthorMessage

New member from Huntington Beach, California! Empty
PostSubject: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:47 am

Hello Everyone!

My name is Frank, and I reside in Southern California...Huntington Beach to be exact! I've always loved wagons and previously had a 1968 Impala Wagon, however it had SO much rust (outside, inside, underside, you name it) that I donated it to a childrens charity and decided to start fresh with a newer(ish) wagon. That's where my current 1995 Caprice Wagon came into my life! I'm not as mechanically inclined as many of you, so I have a reliable, local shop do my work for me. Ya, it's more expensive having a shop do my work, but the plus side is that they are really fantastic mechanics, reliable and very fair on their pricing. Even though I'm not a technical wrench turner, I thoroughly enjoy learning about the in's & out's of the Caprice Wagons. My family really loves the wagon and my 2 girls get a kick out of the "thumbs up" and looks we get driving around town. We plan on being long term owners of our ride. (I also have an all original white 1964 Cadillac Coupe de Ville which I just happened to purchase back in 1995, haha). I enjoy this website and am pretty thankful for the info all of you share and look forward to possibly meeting some of you sometime as well. Feel free to message me anytime. I'll share what I know and have learned about these fantastic wagons!

New member from Huntington Beach, California! 6091814451_07e16d4948 New member from Huntington Beach, California! 6092354740_151d498586
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:21 am

Welcome to the wacky world of Wagons and their....unusual owners.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:14 am

Welcome aboard Frank beautiful ride u got there.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:44 am

Welcome!!

Purdy paint you got there..... is that a repaint?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 am

Welcome to our wagon group,.
i had a nice car like that once long ago,.
would be nice to find a californian wagon to build,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:32 am

Shiny paint! Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:42 am

Nice ride and welcome aboard.

Funny that doesn't look like HB in the background of those photos Smile or is the rural part of town, lol????

I miss my trips to SoCal, car shows all the time, A double-double with a vanilla shake.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:36 am

Thanks alot everyone for rolling out the Welcome (Wagon) ;-)

Krzdimond: Yes, the car has been repainted. Black was the original color. I purchased the car as you see it, paint & wheels, so I can't take any credit for it other than being the current owner. The previous owner was a body & paint man and kept it in pretty good shape and applied a pretty good paint job overall. The only thing that has been lacking is the metal trim around the windows, which he painted, but did not put as good of a prep on it in order for the paint to really "grab hold". There is flaking happening on various areas of the metal trim. Still, I love my daily driver!

Sprocket: haha! Can't put one over on you! You are correct, that's not Huntington Beach. These photos were taken by the previous owner before I purchased the wagon in January of this year.

Thanks again everyone for the acknowledgement!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:09 am

Great looking car and I love the wheels. Have you made any changes inside? If you've been looking around, you know we love pics!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:03 pm

Beautiful wagon you have there and welcome to the group.Pain to keep clean but thats what the kids are for,right Tim.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Welcome!
Great looking car!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Huntington Beach, California!   New member from Huntington Beach, California! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member from Huntington Beach, California!
Page 1 of 1