GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WagonLover

WagonLover

Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor Empty
PostSubject: Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor   Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 am

So i had brought this topic up a little bit ago now.. Everytime I hit a bump or make a weird turn i hear and feel this popping noise.. passangers can feel it more then i can.. my assumption the first time was maybe a ball joint or the spring seated in there wrong.. or something to do with the suspension.. but then it hit me while i was at the bar drinking(not driving) maybe it could be a body mount.. anyone ever do one of these?.. what does this consist of?.. time consuming?.. if i did not change this.. what would the damage be?..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor   Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:55 pm

I have the same exact noise. I keep thniking it's my bushing for the tranny cross member. Could be wrong just never checked it. But will soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor   Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Ding Ding we have a winner!Jarrods is right as when I first bought my OCC I would feel a single
thump when I would floor it and it would downshift.Crawled underneath and the trans
crossmember was very loose on the drivers side.Tightened it with a big breaker bar and no
more noise.Seemed to smooth out almost all road vibrations when accelerating too.Guess it could be a motor mount but thats easy to check out.Fix it now before something falls out on the road.
JG
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor   Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:21 am

yea but i had my trans out.. rubber looked good.. motor mounts was great when i had the engine out.. and i just replaced all my suspension parts.. even stuck a bolt through the one "crossmember" by the low control arm cause thaty was missing.. still there.. but its happing even worse since i replaced all the suspension parts..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover

PostSubject: Re: Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor   Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 pm

I would start looking for any shiny spots around the suspension and drivetrain mounts where
a part may be sliding around.Also check the driveshaft/u-joints for any excessive movement.
JG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor   Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Popping Noise that you can feel on the floor
Page 1 of 1