GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pat's wagon just saved his life!

Go down 
+39
FlashGumby
brokecello
MarcinV8
TylerW
Bone Stock
Olds Weighty Eight
1993 Roady-man
Dutch Pete
cadillac kevin
Acme Racer
gwturbo
s1l1sc
Sprocket
JoeT
mtrhead79
9196RMWNUT
convert2diesel
silverfox103
buickestate
jasonlachapelle
94X2
81X11
jayoldschool
Deadmanonduty
a1awind
94Woody
matthimself456
Lynol
BigBlackBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
phantom 309
DBeaSSt
95BRMW
Nick Danger
Krzdimond
1phastsswagon
200OZ
rh96ss
Bewber
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Pat's wagon just saved his life! Empty
PostSubject: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Gentlemen, stuff just got real.

I just got a call from Pat's girlfriend Sue with some very serious news that Pat asked her to have me share.
After working all summer and fall to swap drivetrains into his Wagon, he finally got it road ready to take on it's maiden voyage to see Sue in Windsor.

Not long after leaving Sues house today, Pat was in a very serious accident. He was t-boned by a huge electrical company truck at an intersection. Multiple eye witnesses stated that his car went completely airborne, then barrel rolled two times, and finally came to rest upside down in a ditch.

Sue reports from the hospital that he's all in one piece, but in a lot of pain and that everyone has credited his Wagon with saving his life. He still has a lot of glass in his head and hair, and they are waiting to have his internal organs ultrasounded.

As relieved as I am that one of my best friends is alive, my heart is still very heavy over his ordeal and the pain I know he will have to be in. Both of our computers have died this week, so I'm posting from Adria's tablet and will update as best and often as I can.

In the mean time, please say a prayer for our friend Pat. He needs them.

Thanks and God bless,

John
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Loss of a wagon for a worthy cause. Good luck Pat.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Heal up Pat, I'll be praying for you.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Holy crap dude. I'm glad he's safe. If you hear from Sue, send Pat (and her) my best wishes.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm

WOW - Glad to hear he's ok. Cars can always be replaced.

Prayers are with him
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks all. Razz Whelp, I texted Sue again and asked if there was anything I could besides pray, and Pat's reply was that a cherry coke would be nice.

So it's good to know he didn't break his funny bone and that the morphine is working.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:49 pm

our thoughts go out to pat.

All modern cars are designed to sacrifice themselves so we may heal. Good to know that both will work as designed.

Any idea what happened? Who ran the intersection? the force needed to move these 4500 pound cars the way it did must have been astronomical.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Well dang. Two and a half airborne barrel rolls beats me. I've done an airborne half-barrel roll in two different cars.

I hope he tests out fine and they let him loose by morning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Glad to hear Pat made it through that, a real testament to our land yachts. Get well soon Pat!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Yikes. Always sad to see another wagon lost but it did it's job. My thoughts and prayers are with Pat and family. Get well soon Pat! Sorry but I'm fresh out of Cherry Coke too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:55 pm

hydro rates are gonna go up again now,..

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:22 pm

As precious as our wagons are to us,our lives are the most precious of all.I am glad that Pat is holding his own and please give him my best and let us know how he is doing as soon as you
hear.
Jim
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Damn.

Prayers to Pat and hope he heals up quick!

And someone get him a cherry coke, dammit! Smile
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Heck get that man a case - STAT
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:28 pm

Our prayers go out to you Pat.....
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Oh my... Well, I'm glad to hear he is OK, and I hope all goes well with his injuries and he makes a speedy recovery with no permanent damage. It's a shame this is twice in a year his cars have been wrecked. Rotten luck. Thanks for letting us know and keep us posted on his condition...
Back to top Go down
matthimself456

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Wow. Speedy recovery, Pat.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:04 pm

Forget about the car, glad to read that HE survived.

I wish you a speedy recovery Pat.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 pm

A buick ..well loved, sacrifices its life to save its faithful owner, now that is a true friend.
Im glad pat is alive and hopefully nothing more than bruised. And I hope for his ake...it was the other guys fault
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Glad he is ok! Just says more about the wagon..........
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:08 am

Pat actually left me a voicemail earlier, but I was sleeping. He appreciates the prayers and clarified that his wagon did the two full flips IN THE AIR, ...... THEN it flipped END OVER END. He said much of his pain was in his hands, upper body and neck from fighting to keep from drowning since the ditch he landed upside down in was full of water!

Not only did that force have to be astronomical, but I cannot even begin to imagine having to fight for my life in that way. Thank GOD he was able to do so and help arrived in time.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:58 am

Wow.... Praise God he got out of the car. I had a friend in college that drowned in a car that landed upside down in a creek. Glad your still with us Pat, and thanks for keeping us updated John.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 am

Holy crap. That's ridiculous. How fast do you seriously need to be going to hit a wagon that hard? That's BEYOND unsafe.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:35 am

The truck must have been FLYING to throw something as heavy as our wagons are.Thats one of
those nitemare ways of dying.Survive a violent crash only to end upside down in a water filled ditch.Sure am glad Pat didnt get knocked out or this story could have had a very different
ending.Thanks for keeping us informed John.
Jim
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:07 am

jeeez,...stuff of future nightmares,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:16 am

WOW

So glad to hear that he is ok!

I am looking forward to seeing pics of the car. It will be interesting to see how the energy dissipated.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 am

WOW just saw this post. Glad to hear he's in one piece but I sure hate to hear he's as banged up as he sounds. Please keep us in the loop on how he's doing.

Scary and sad stuff!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:18 am

Perimiter frame...gotta love our cars.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Just saw this. I guess today will tell when the soreness sets in. I sure am glad he's ok.

Jon
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Brutal. Hang in there Pat.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:26 pm

oh I'm sure am sore today, lacerations on my face scalp and hands my back is killing me. I have no idea how fast that bell truck was going when it blew past the stop sign, i only remember seeing it's front bumper in my periferal vision then hangin upside down pushing on the roof to keep my head out of the ice cold water then waking up in the hospital with the OPP oficier telling me that my car had done two airborn barelle rolls before doing and endo onto the roof in the ditch

go to see the remains of the peanutbutter sammich now
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Pat, hope your are feeling better soon!

Tom
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Good to see that you are coherent .... and well enough.... to look at the carnage less than 24 hours after the incident.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Glad to hear from you!

Take pics if you can. It's sad, but it's also a testament to how the car saved your life. Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Geez Pat. Good to see you up and posting! But why not rest a day or two before checking out the pbsamich... Most importantly, did you get the cherry coke? Wink

In all seriousness though. I am extremely happy to be able to talk to you today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Am very happy that you are feeling well enough to post here.Bill is right Pat,relax for a day or
two but keep moving all those sore muscles as long as your doctor has OKed it.Time to get
texas Mike to start looking for your new wagon.
Jim
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Now what we have hear my friends has got to be the most dedicated wagon guy around!!!! Posting on the forum less than 24 hours after performing amazing automotive gymnastics.

It is great to see you post!!

Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Damn Pat. Don't scare us like that and I agree with the others. Take it easy for a couple of days and let things find some level of sanity. The car will still be there a few days from now.

Time to fix yourself is more important.

Glad to hear your all right. Would offer you the 91, but Jay and Jason spent Saturday taking chunks out of the body for Jay's car. Let us know if we can help.

Bill
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:12 pm

actually thinking of tigeraids wagon
Back to top Go down
9196RMWNUT

9196RMWNUT

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Thank God he is alive!! Another reason to keep these big babies rolling....protection! My family will keep him in our prayers and hope for a speedy recovery!!!!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:55 pm

happy to hear you are up and about but take your time healing and dont push it. amazing you survived
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Pat,
So glad to hear that you're recovering so quickly. It was great to see your posts!
JoeT
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:15 pm

buickestate wrote:
actually thinking of tigeraids wagon

Great idea and the price is right. I know I guy who might trade you a set of Impala SS wheels for a Monte Carlo interior.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:17 pm

I leave town for 48 hrs......ssheesh, glad to hear you are ok Pat and back in action so soon!
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Glad to hear you are ok. These old things are good for something :-)
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm actually not doing all that great, the doc say that I must keep moving and not to sit for long periods or I'll stiffen up my back muscles. As most of you know me and know I'm not a small person you can imagine how my left shoulder is bruised, discoloured and sore form where the seatbelt kept me suspended in my seat and my back took a hell of of jolt when the rear of the car impacted the ground before the whole wagon flipped backwards onto it roof

the camera's battery died on my before I could take any pictures there isn't a single straight panel left, the dash is 10" narrower and barely room for fingers between the driver's door panel and the steering wheel that explains the pain in my left thigh the driver's side is completely caved in from the bent front left wheel to the bent rear wheel the car is also bent dowards behind the vista glass area the roof is caved in some and the mud and water from the ditch ruined any chance of there being a savagable interior part.

the only thing undamaged on the car is the crucifix that is still standing proud on the dash
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Wow Pat, incredible to see you posting so soon after such a horrific crash. But very happy to see you still seem to have your wits about you. Hope the soreness will go away in a reasonable amount of time and you are somewhat back to normal physically. Prayers and good thoughts go out to you. Merry Christmas and hope you have a great new year.
Glenn
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 pm

I really want to see some pictures after reading that - It sounds like you got really, really lucky judging by how badly the car seems to be banged up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Pat....Pete here from Flint. Only met ya once but....You didn't look like a pro stunt driver!!
Glad to hear you're ok. Scary phone call I got from John for sure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Pat,I hope that it was a very well insured company truck that hit you.Do you have a good
lawyer?I am not a fan of lawyers or our litigation crazy society however this is one of those
times when you deserve to be compensated.Do you know if the truck driver was sited?Do what
the doctor said about moving or you will pay dearly.Glad you are doing better than expected!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat's wagon just saved his life!   Pat's wagon just saved his life! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pat's wagon just saved his life!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next