GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reverse light blinker mod question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
92cappy

92cappy

Reverse light blinker mod question Empty
PostSubject: Reverse light blinker mod question   Reverse light blinker mod question Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:20 pm

I was thinking about doing the reverse light blinker mod, but have no idea how I would get the wiring to work. My plan would be to put in some leds in the reverse light that would blink amber, so that I could retain the reverse lights in the same housing. Could anyone who has done this point me in the right direction on the wiring??
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Reverse light blinker mod question   Reverse light blinker mod question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:09 am

Heck, the wiring would be simple. It's making room in the small back-up light area to fit a yellow LED lamp. Were you planning on having the yellows blink WITH the tail lights?
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Reverse light blinker mod question   Reverse light blinker mod question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 am

No. What I was thinking I might do was put a switchback bulb in there and wire it such that it lights up white with the reverse light and amber with the blinker. The red bulbs I'd want to be brake only
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Reverse light blinker mod question   Reverse light blinker mod question Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:39 pm

To do that, you'd have to start by running an extra wire from the steering column to each tail light. Then do some fussing around at the base of the column to separate the brake feed from the turn signal feed for each light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverse light blinker mod question   Reverse light blinker mod question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverse light blinker mod question
Page 1 of 1