GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun

Go down 
+11
jasonlachapelle
Cadet57
94Woody
Nick Danger
Olds Weighty Eight
convert2diesel
200OZ
phantom 309
jayoldschool
Krzdimond
81X11
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Empty
PostSubject: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:50 am

Hi all,

Spent Sat morning at my buddy Troung's shop under my wagon. Friday night my front porch was full of boxes from RockAuto. It's coming together.

-inner and outer tie rods
-idler arm
-center link
-damper shock
-Moog heavy-duty rear springs

Got down to the shop and Troung had some more "good news" for me. The upper control arm bushing on the passenger side needed to be replaced, along with the upper ball joint. Took a long pry bar and showed me the movement. I ran to Autozone for those.

In addition, he'd found more damage from whatever happened last weekend at the park. The lower oil cooler line, where it comes out of the radiator, was bent up and kinked, and is leaking oil now. In addition the oil pan on the engine itself is dented and the low oil sensor on the side of the oil pan is leaking. Amazing. Troung asked if she jumped the car or something. Geez!

So today I've ordered the new lines and sensor..should have them mid-week, RockAuto beat the local parts store pricing by $20 again. The oil pan itself is not leaking, just dented, leaving it alone.

On the good news side, Autozone exchanged my one-year-old rear Gabriel load-carrier shocks (one was leaking) so I have two brand new shocks and the new Moog springs are in.

Those Moogs have two more coils than the original stock springs, and are much heavier too. Between those springs and the coil-over Gabrial shocks, the rear of my wagon is STOUT now, really stiff. Lowered it down on the rack and stood my 300lbs on the rear bumper, and the car did not sag hardy at all. I then jumped up and down and the car barely moved. I can't wait to see how it tows my boat now!
Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Shocks2
Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Shocks

The new KYB Gas-A-Just shocks for the front should be hitting my front porch today, and I've already got the Monroe Severe Service ones removed. Hopefully the KYB's will be a little less jarring over bumps. I loved the Monroe's on the highway, no float at all, but on bumps, they are STIFF. I wanted Billsteins but with everything else they were not in the budget. Hopefully I'll like the KYB's. We'll soon see!

If anyone wants those Monroe SS's, please let me know. Nothing wrong with them, still stiff as hell, no leaks, and will include the receipt from O'Reilly for the lifetime warranty. $50 including shipping, obo! If nobody snags them here I'm putting them on Craigslist.

With a little luck will have the Roady back by the end of the week, take it for an alignment, and be on the road again.

Such fun!

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:58 am

Oh and as for the damper/shock that connects to the center link, I ordered one for a '96 Fleetwood since there was not a listing for the Roady. Delco part. It IS the same as what came off my Roady, good news.

I'm planning to leave the damper off and going to drive the car over a rough uneven train track crossing by my home, and then am going to install it and drive over the tracks again. That will tell me if I want it installed or not.

Wink

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Sounds like somebody was doing a Dukes of Hazzard style railroad jumping on her last outing.
She al least owes you an explanation and thats all I am saying.Better inspect the rest of the underside for more damage while its up in the air.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Sounds like somebody was doing a Dukes of Hazzard style railroad jumping on her last outing.
She al least owes you an explanation and thats all I am saying.Better inspect the rest of the underside for more damage while its up in the air.
Jim

Went over it really well on Satuday Jim. Don't see anything else damaged. Hopefully it will align after all the work is done. Nice too see all the niew stuff under there anyway. I don't ever plan to sell this car.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Mile, are you SURE it's a lifetime warranty? Everyone else offers a 2 year...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Mile, are you SURE it's a lifetime warranty? Everyone else offers a 2 year...

On the Monroe's? Pretty sure it's lifetime. I'll pull out the paperwork and check.

It was for sure lifetime on the rear Gabriels....just had them replaced for free.

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 pm

The floaty Gabriels DO come with a lifetime warranty, but how can you tell when they're shot? Monroe's come with 2 years.

Ran the Gabriel shocks for a whole 3 days before I went with Monroe. Gabriels were worse than the shot stock air shocks.....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
The floaty Gabriels DO come with a lifetime warranty, but how can you tell when they're shot? Monroe's come with 2 years.

Ran the Gabriel shocks for a whole 3 days before I went with Monroe. Gabriels were worse than the shot stock air shocks.....

I've been running the coil-over load-handler Gabriels in the back for a year now. Installed them in place of my leaking factory air shocks. When I put the car up on the lift to check out the front end, I noticed one of those rear shocks was leaking oil, so since I'm putting good springs on the back now, I went ahead and pulled both those year-old Gabriels off and exhanged them for new ones under the warranty.

With the new Moog heavy duty springs and the replaced Gabriel coil-over shocks, the rear seems VERY stiff now....if sitting a little too high...but I figure it'll settle after a few days.

Such fun.

I've always thought my Monroe's SS's were a little too harsh up front. On a smooth road they're fine, but you really FEEL the bumps, so those are getting swapped for KYB's, which I'm told are a little less harsh, but still not floaty. We'll see next week.

Anyway that's why the Gabriels were replaced and the Monroe's are coming off.

-Mike

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 pm

Hope the oil pan isn't dented under the pickup...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Hope the oil pan isn't dented under the pickup...

I needed a new worry....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:32 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
E
and how did you check the ball joints??

ITYS
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:36 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
E
and how did you check the ball joints??

ITYS

Scared to ask but what does ITYS stand for??
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:56 pm

EYE told you so,. i knew right away from your description of the car on the hoistr,. you guys didn't check ball joints or upper control arm bushings properly,.you better mechanic freinds

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:02 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
EYE told you so,. i knew right away from your description of the car on the hoistr,. you guys didn't check ball joints or upper control arm bushings properly,.you better mechanic freinds

Nick

I must have missed that one Nick.

When we were checking things the first time last Saturday afternoon, the ball joints all seemed ok, and the main issue with the steering was VERY apparent. But really took the pry bar to everything to check for movement and decided to do the passenger upper a-arm stuff. It's not moving much, but has a little play, so since we're there, we're doing it.

Driver's side is still tight, lowers are fine on both sides. Will grease everything before taking the car off the lift and heading to the alignment shop.

About to head home and hoping my new KYB shocks are on the porch. If so then I'm heading down to the shop tonight to install them.

Piece-by-piece!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 am

I think Nick is trying to say that you need to unload the lower ball joints to check them properly on this type of suspension.

With the wheels off the ground support the lower control arms with a jack or jack stands. Use a long pry bar under the tire to check for play. That's how I do it anywho.

Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 am

200OZ wrote:
I think Nick is trying to say that you need to unload the lower ball joints to check them properly on this type of suspension.

With the wheels off the ground support the lower control arms with a jack or jack stands. Use a long pry bar under the tire to check for play. That's how I do it anywho.

Mike

Makes sense.

KYB Shocks (they're painted silver, weird, though they'd be white), oil cooler lines and low oil sensor all came in yesterday. Heading down to the shop after work for some wrenching fun. Have all the parts in now to get the wagon back on the road.

With a little luck I'll have it together tonight and will be off to the alignment shop at lunch tomorrow.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:52 am

Ok, that sucked last night, and I handed the A-arm off to Troung for today. The steering linkage is all together, rear shocks and springs are done, but messing with the ball joint on the upper A-arm about drove me nuts, so Troung is doing that today, and with a little luck the car will be in one piece by lunchtime, and I'm going to run down there...in the CUTLASS (woo-hoo!) and leave the Cutlass and pick up the Roady and take it to the alingment shop.

If all works out, the Roady will be done by this evening, and the Cutlass will be at Troung's shop to start yanking the 307 out. I'm just hoping the 307 makes it to his shop. It's about a 15 mile drive and the 307 runs out of oil pressure after about 5-mins running. She'll be knocking HARD when I get there!

Such fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:58 pm

[quote="81X11Makes sense.

KYB Shocks (they're painted silver, weird, though they'd be white), oil cooler lines and low oil sensor all came in yesterday. Heading down to the shop after work for some wrenching fun. Have all the parts in now to get the wagon back on the road.

With a little luck I'll have it together tonight and will be off to the alignment shop at lunch tomorrow.

-Mike[/quote]

Mike:

Really check those shocks. The GR2s are grey/silver. Not what you want. The Gas adjust are white.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 pm

81X11 wrote:
It's about a 15 mile drive and the 307 runs out of oil pressure after about 5-mins running. She'll be knocking HARD when I get there!
So if you drive over there at 180 mph you'll make it before the oil pressure drops. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:01 pm

convert2diesel wrote:

-Mike

Mike:

Really check those shocks. The GR2s are grey/silver. Not what you want. The Gas adjust are white.

Bill[/quote]

These say Gas-A-Just on them. No kidding.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
81X11 wrote:
It's about a 15 mile drive and the 307 runs out of oil pressure after about 5-mins running. She'll be knocking HARD when I get there!
So if you drive over there at 180 mph you'll make it before the oil pressure drops. Razz

The 307 has trouble maintaining highway speeds......
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:05 pm

81X11 wrote:
convert2diesel wrote:

-Mike

Mike:

Bill

These say Gas-A-Just on them. No kidding.[/quote]

It's all good. Just pulled this off their website:
Special Product Notice: KYB now produces Gas-a-Just shocks in silver color. This replaces the previous white color. Their part numbers and outstanding performance remain the same--only the color is changing.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Then you're good to go. Also establishes the build date. Have found Rockauto sometimes has old stock, especially for our cars. Shocks stored on their side for extended periods tend to dry up the seals on the high side.

Bill
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:03 am

Well I drove the Cutlass to Troung's last night (made it, barely!) and left in the Roady, headed for the alignment shop, but took a detour by the house on the way.

Did a little "experimenting". Drove over the railroad tracks near the house with the new steering damper unbolted, and then with it on. All I can say is WOW having the damper makes a big difference in how much feedback you feel through the steering column/dash/interior over larger bumps like those tracks.

You may give up a little road "feel" with the damper, but the amount of smoothness you gain with it is worth it in my book.

Troung lined the car up by eye to get it from the shop to the alingment guy. It was pulling a bit to the right, but MAN the KYB shocks sure take more bumps out of the road than the Monroe SS's did, but they are not floaty, and the steering is tight, can't wait to drive it after it's all aligned today.

As for the rear, the back is for sure sitting higher now with the Moog springs. From the side, you can see the entire Impala wheel now, even the top edge. Not crazy about the "raked" look, but I know the springs will settle after a few days of driving, and I think they'll be fine. The back still rides smooth, and I'm looking forward to hooking the boat up to see how it tows now.

The alignment should be done by noon. Will pass on how she feels after that.

Sure going to be nice to have the Roady back and give the '79 Buick a break. It gets between 10-12mpg and it's been an expensive two weeks!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Went and picked up the Roady. Drives straight as an arrow, rides smooth but still firm................and it sure is going to be easy to clean the rear wheels now...

Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Springs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Looks great Mike and thought you would like it better with the damper than without.I like the way
it sits just like it is.Now if you can keep it to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Looks great Mike and thought you would like it better with the damper than without.I like the way
it sits just like it is.Now if you can keep it to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim

I'm just really glad it's home. It's getting a bath and a wax this weekend.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Hoping the new rear springs will cure the way she was sitting in these pics from last summer!!!

Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Boat5
Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Boat1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Pretty sure the springs were not the reason for the sagging Mike.And that boats not that big either! lol!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Pretty sure the springs were not the reason for the sagging Mike.And that boats not that big either! lol!
Jim

Yeah-yeah...I know.

I had Slim-Fast for lunch....man it sucks! I'm trying! Doc said if I don't lose weight by 40 we're having the "heart attack" talk. Fun.

I'll try not to pull a John Candy/John Belushi/Chris Farley on everyone....

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Dont think it was just the weight that did these guys in.They all loved to party hard and frequently!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Dont think it was just the weight that did these guys in.They all loved to party hard and frequently!
Jim

You saying I'm boring??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:32 pm

YES!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
YES!
Jim

Dammit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Dont worry Mike,as long as Misty doesnt find you boring you are just fine buddy!Just keep the wagon away from her! Evil or Very Mad
JIm
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:38 pm

81X11 wrote:
Flasheroo wrote:
Jim

Let's check. Who in Austin has the best price for an 8-ball?
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
81X11 wrote:
Flasheroo wrote:
Jim

Let's check. Who in Austin has the best price for an 8-ball?

Slick Willie's Pool Hall
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:15 am

Ok it's settled a bit. The stance is growing on me and the car rides SO MUCH BETTER with the new springs and KYB's. AND I can pull in my parents steep driveway without the exhaust tips scratching now! cheers

Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Stance

On Sunday, yesterday, I gave the new rear springs a good test. Took my wife, my kids, my kids friends, and the 100lb bear/dog to Turkey Creek for a 2-1/2 mile hike along Lake Austin. Roady did not drag bottom at all on the unpaved road, and sure looked good parked with all the trucks/SUV's.

Everyone had a great time, and I put a blanket down in the back, and had everyone remove shoes, so after the trip the car was still pretty clean.

That dog LOVED the creek! Man Labs can swim! Thankfully by the time we got back to the car he was dry.

I love this pic! Fun day!
Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Kiddos

-Mike
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:54 pm

What is the part number for those rear springs?

Put tails on my wagon this afternoon and of course they scrape pulling into the driveway. Getting the back in the air a little more would be nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:31 am

Mike,out of all the pictures you have posted on this site the one with all 6 kids smiling out the
back window is definitely the BEST!
Priceless
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:53 am

94Woody wrote:
What is the part number for those rear springs?

Put tails on my wagon this afternoon and of course they scrape pulling into the driveway. Getting the back in the air a little more would be nice.

The springs are MOOG #CC623, from Rock Auto.

Just as an update, have put about 1500 miles on the car since doing all the steering/suspension work, and it finally sits and rides the way it should have from the start. When I removed the factory air shocks a year ago, I should have done these springs. Makes all the difference in the world.

I also love the new KYB's up front, it rides smooth and does not float but all the harshess over bumps from the Monroe SS's is gone.

The rear springs have settled now and the car looks fine, and still does not drag it's tailpipes on inclines. It handles a full load of people and "stuff" so much better now.

I've got a "guys weekend" fishing trip planned for next month, towing my boat across the state to Huntsville and meeting some friends for a weekend of pulling whites out of the Trinity River. We'll see how the car does on that run, fully loaded with the boat in tow. Looking forward to it.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:54 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike,out of all the pictures you have posted on this site the one with all 6 kids smiling out the
back window is definitely the BEST!
Priceless

Thanks Jim, and yes I love that picture too. It's the background desktop on my computer here at work. Smile

-Mike
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 pm

81X11 wrote:

Sweet. That is the pair I ordered last night from Amazon. They actually beat RA on price for once.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 am

94Woody wrote:
81X11 wrote:

Sweet. That is the pair I ordered last night from Amazon. They actually beat RA on price for once.

You'll love them. Car still rides very smooth, but if you load it up, there is not nearly as much sag or bottoming out. They are a bit of a paint to install however....BIG, and there is not a lot of room.

Have fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 am

+1 on the CC623's They help the rear ride awesome. Last weekend there was 7 people in the wagon, rear end barely sagged cheers
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:59 am

Cadet57 wrote:
+1 on the CC623's They help the rear ride awesome. Last weekend there was 7 people in the wagon, rear end barely sagged cheers

And it sure is nice to get away from the air shocks or bags and all the related issues that go with that.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 am

I have always thought that the CC623's were stiffer than stock when empty. True?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 am

Krzdimond wrote:
I have always thought that the CC623's were stiffer than stock when empty. True?

Not that i've noticed. But it does go over bumps much better now. Then again, the springs I took out were sagging and worn out so I can't say for sure if it's because they're a stiffer spring or because they're newer. All I do know is that the car rides much better empty or full. Makes me really want my new front shocks and springs installed too Laughing
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 am

Krzdimond wrote:

Not that I can tell at all, still rides smooth as can be. I've only noticed a change when loaded....or more correctly less of a change in how the car drives loaded. It still rides smooth when loaded, and no longer looks like a dog squatting... Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:09 am

81X11 wrote:
Krzdimond wrote:

Not that I can tell at all, still rides smooth as can be. I've only noticed a change when loaded....or more correctly less of a change in how the car drives loaded. It still rides smooth when loaded, and no longer looks like a dog squatting... Smile

^ This Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun   Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roady Front End Rebuild, rear springs - plus added fun
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next