GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Load leveling air shocks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Clancy Courtney

Load leveling air shocks Empty
PostSubject: Load leveling air shocks   Load leveling air shocks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:54 pm

I have a '95 RMW w/ the air shock system. The compressor comes on about every 15 minutes for a minute or less. I was planning to replace the shocks with Gabriel Hi Jackers # 49152 but not sure these will work with the auto leveling system. Has anyone here done it?
Maybe I should just abandon the air system and install some Monroes or KYB's and later put on Air Lift 1000's? I put KYB Gas-A-Just on the front.
Thanks for any advice.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Load leveling air shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load leveling air shocks   Load leveling air shocks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:52 pm

I did away with the air on my '96 Roady and replaced the rear springs with varible-rate springs from Rock Auto. I also had Gabriel coil-over shocks on the back, but had planned to put KYB's back there eventually, KYB's are better shocks.

Great setup as it was though, rode smooth, towed my boat and never have to worry about air leaks again.
Back to top Go down

Load leveling air shocks
Page 1 of 1