GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Load leveling pump. Bench testing?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
My Betty

My Betty

Load leveling pump. Bench testing? Empty
PostSubject: Load leveling pump. Bench testing?   Load leveling pump. Bench testing? Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Hello, I have two pumps. Neither of them work when I plug them in. The one I know isn't seized. My question is, Is there anyway to bench test the pump to see if the motor works without having it installed in the car?
Thanks, Mike
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Load leveling pump. Bench testing?   Load leveling pump. Bench testing? Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:01 am

Mike-

Yes there is. I know this painfully well, as I had 5, yes count em, 5 pumps to work with to make one good complete working one just a month ago. Each one had issues. Two had bad motors, 3 had bad compressor top heads and several had bad exhaust valves (typically corroded). So between them I made one terrific one. So without benefit of the FSM right now, you will need a 12 volt battery and some leads. The main connector that connects to the car has 7 tangs; 2 large flat and 5 pin types. Connect one lead to the BLACK tang. Pop off the relay. The relay will have 4 or 5 connectors as there was a running design change. The center connector was actually never used. Touch the other lead to the thick black and green wire connector. This will complete the circuit and the compressor will run and pump air. My mechanic took my FSM home and I am still awaiting its return. If I had it, I could triple check the two wires but I am 85% sure it was those two to power it.
Back to top Go down
My Betty

My Betty

PostSubject: Re: Load leveling pump. Bench testing?   Load leveling pump. Bench testing? Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Ok, thanks a lot. I'll try it.
Back to top Go down
My Betty

My Betty

PostSubject: Re: Load leveling pump. Bench testing?   Load leveling pump. Bench testing? Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks for the advice. I found out that the one pump is good. I don't have the air lines hooked up yet but it seems to be cycling fine according to ride height. Waiting on a three way fitting to come in the mail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Load leveling pump. Bench testing?   Load leveling pump. Bench testing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Load leveling pump. Bench testing?
Page 1 of 1