GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need LT1 battery cables

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Need LT1 battery cables Empty
PostSubject: Need LT1 battery cables   Need LT1 battery cables Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Anyone have a set kicking around that are good? Parts store replacements aren't much, but I'd rather give some money to one of you guys. I need both, complete, with no cuts.

LMK
Jason.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Need LT1 battery cables   Need LT1 battery cables Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Jay:

We can fab up a new set. That way its done right and we can up the wire gauge.

Bill
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Need LT1 battery cables   Need LT1 battery cables Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm completely fine with stock cables. One of those things that just works, and I don't have a need for "luxury" cables. Used stock will do fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need LT1 battery cables   Need LT1 battery cables Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Bill, you make battery cables?

[Sorry for mild thread jack]
Back to top Go down
rkmdogs

rkmdogs

PostSubject: Re: Need LT1 battery cables   Need LT1 battery cables Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:14 pm

FYI - Factory cables are obsolete!
Announcement came last year from RMS.
Aftermarket is the only way you can go, unless someone has NIB cables!
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Need LT1 battery cables   Need LT1 battery cables Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Man, I threw out my stock battery cables after I bought replacements from Innovative Wiring. They were in good shape, too. I didn't think anyone would ever want them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Need LT1 battery cables   Need LT1 battery cables Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:38 pm

I got a mint set from someone on the ISSF. One step closer. I guess I should start a project thread. Anyone interested in a complete build (engine/trans swap, and body) on a 95 WB4 black/red RMW? lol
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Need LT1 battery cables   Need LT1 battery cables Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Bill, you make battery cables?

[Sorry for mild thread jack]

Been making my own for over 40 years. That way you can use the higher gauge cables. All the bits are usually available at your NAPA store including pre-soldered ends. Use a small hand torch and fill the ends with solder first, "tin your cable ends then remelt the solder in the ends while inserting the wire. When its all together and the solder has set (takes longer than normal wire) slightly crush the ends with a vice or pliers. Paint the ends with liquid electric tape and your done.

All the ends, including the battery ends are available and cable is available in various gauges. Not rocket science and the finished product is way better than stock. Just takes some patience.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need LT1 battery cables   Need LT1 battery cables Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need LT1 battery cables
Page 1 of 1