GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.

Go down 
+4
YachtDriver
81X11
COL
BigBlackBeaSSt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Empty
PostSubject: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 17:17

So the wagon started to wallow a little on one side. Ordered a warranty replacement shock through Bilstein and removed this......

Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. BrokenbilsteinII

Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Brokenbilstein
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 19:19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the wagon started to wallow a little on one side. Ordered a warranty replacement shock through Bilstein and removed this......

Tim,
According to their ads it is guaranteed for your ownership of the car. let me know because I plan to order a set (front and rear) of the HDs on payday.
Dick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 19:22

The threads sheared off?? That's wild....never seen that happen before...
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 19:27

Wow..
I have had Bilsteins on all my wagons. I tried the K&B and the Monroe. I went right back to the Bilsteins. All I can say is that they are worth the extra initial cost.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 19:45

One of my Bilsteins broke the same way. They are made too cheaply.
You can see it snapped in two in this pic:

Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Lca1
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 20:18

Something doesn't look right on that lower control arm. I can't put my finger on it.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 20:41

Hey guys just as an observation - but both of you are missing some pieces there............

Wow and to think this happened on a NOT ROD

Last edited by 1phastsswagon on Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 23:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 22:26

WOW, mine does not look so bad all the sudden!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 23:52

Pretty sure that these damaged parts may be related in some way!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012 - 7:22

I was under the back of my wagon yesterday and seen that one of them has blown out so looks like I will have to contact them as well.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012 - 7:48

They took care of it for me! All fixed, well the shock anyway Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012 - 14:06

Tim,did they want the busted shock back or did they just send you a new shock?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012 - 17:10

They have a program where you buy a shock for 1/2 of the retail price. Install the new shock and send back the old. If it is truly a bad shock AND under warranty they refund all of your money including shipping both ways. Very fair deal. When I saw the shock was broken I called them and saved them the freight with pictures. So I did not ship that shock back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012 - 17:22

Nice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012 - 18:59

Sounds like a good deal to me!Do you recall hitting a hole or maybe a refridgerator?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.   Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Bilsteins, hope they replace.
Page 1 of 1