GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Police car front sway bar brackets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwardo

Police car front sway bar brackets Empty
PostSubject: Police car front sway bar brackets   Police car front sway bar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:22 pm

I finally got to trying to mount my 9C1 fron sway bar. I had purchased what should be the correct bushing and link kits (Moog) but when I went to mount the bar I found that the bushings are maybe 1/4" too thick (too tall) to fit in the brackets that hold the bar to the frame. I see no way I could crush these bushings enough to bring the bracket into contact with the frame without squeezing the bar so tight it wouldn't move! The hole size in the bushings is correct for the bar. What is wrong? Do I need different brackets? Or did I buy the wrong parts? A little help? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Police car front sway bar brackets   Police car front sway bar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:07 pm

The brackets are larger for the 9C1 sway bar.
Back to top Go down
dwardo

PostSubject: Re: Police car front sway bar brackets   Police car front sway bar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks. Now I'm stymied. Does anybody have a pair to sell? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Police car front sway bar brackets   Police car front sway bar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Any parts store should be able to get them. Confirm the PN on rockauto, and order, or source local.
Back to top Go down
dwardo

PostSubject: Re: Police car front sway bar brackets   Police car front sway bar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Rock Auto does not list them. Does anybody have a part number?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Police car front sway bar brackets   Police car front sway bar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:52 pm

I can check the junk yard next time I go.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Police car front sway bar brackets   Police car front sway bar brackets Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Just get your bushings and brackets from Energy or another after market suspension company and you will be done. Autozone used to carry these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police car front sway bar brackets   Police car front sway bar brackets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police car front sway bar brackets
Page 1 of 1