GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Installing a Blazer console with shifter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
windssurfer

Installing a Blazer console with shifter Empty
PostSubject: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Just cut the hole in the floor and ran the cable. Have not hooked it up to the tranny yet since I am waiting on parts. I mounted the shifter and console directly to the carpeted floor without brackets. So far it is working out. Does anyone see any problem with doing it this way? I'd like to keep the carpet intact for better sound proofing.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 pm

This is the build thread for what is my wagon now. the console feels factory, the only issue is the shift cable musta slipped a lil as to get reverse lights, I have to grab the collar on the colum and hold it 'in position' otherwise the lights go out. I spoke to Chris who did the install and he said it was a PITA to get it right to where they worked. I probaby only need a minor adjustment on the cable as it's oh so close, lol.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t3025-occ-bonneville-seat-swap-bravada-console-install

I love every bit of the mods, and people everywhere think it's factory.
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:44 pm

I just hooked everthing up and am having a problem getting the cable to adjust. I pulled out the white plastic retainer on the trany end of the cable and tried to sync it with the column but the cable doesn't want to adjust. From what I understand when you pull the white plastic retainer at the tranny end of the cable the cable holder should allow the cable to free up so that it can be adjusted. I will have to pull the cable out to see why it won't adjust.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 7:42 pm

If your shifter is mounted to the top of the carpet it may be causing issues with your adjustment too. Just make it as solid as you can, you'll be banging away on the shifter a bit too, so keep that in mind as well.
As for the cable adjusting collar, pull the white collar out a bit, and the cable should slide an 1" to 1-1/2". I found that it helps to remove the white collar completely. Also check that the cable isn't binding any where, like the exhaust mount bracket, or at the trans. crossmember/floor. The geometry of the shift gear might be off once you get the shifter cable mounted to the trans, so don't get to fussy until you have all of it mounted up.

I wish I could get my Bravada shifter to work as well as I had BigBlackBeaSSts console working, everything worked just right.

Be patient, some of the plastic material the cable is made of gets brittle and brakes easy if your using a JY OE part.

Mike
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Found the problem, cable is bad. Installing a Blazer console with shifter Myshifter%20005Installing a Blazer console with shifter Myshifter%20006
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 8:58 am

GM still has these cables avalible new.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:30 pm

200OZ wrote:
Be patient, some of the plastic material the cable is made of gets brittle and brakes easy if your using a JY OE part.
Very true. MOST of the Blazer cables I've seen in local junkyards are either rusted, busted, or both.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Hope to see some pics. I love this mod!
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 pm

81X11 wrote:
Hope to see some pics. I love this mod!

Getting close now. New cable arrived and can confirm this is the correct p/n and price from gmpartsdirect 15189201 CABLE $49.56 plus shipping ($12)

Everything is installed including a cool lighted console storage box.

Will take and post photos soon with bucket seats (used passenger seat on driver;s side) and final install.
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:33 am

Here they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Blazer console with shifter   Installing a Blazer console with shifter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installing a Blazer console with shifter
Page 1 of 1