GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW

Go down 
+5
200OZ
BigBlackBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
s1l1sc
windssurfer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
windssurfer

Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 am

Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Shift%2520001 Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Shift%2520002 Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Shift%2520003
Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Shift%2520004
Built in dual cigar lighter and dual USB charger ports
Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Interior%2520001
Lighted Storage compartment

Mounted directly to floor on top of the carpet with elevator bolts from underside above tranny/driveshaft without any floor brackets. This allows the console to lay lower and flatter on trans hump and keeps the interior quieter. The shifter mechanism is directly bolted to the elevator bolts with small spacers in the back. Storage compartment lights up when lid is open.

More to come.......

Last edited by windssurfer on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:24 am

That looks pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 1:23 pm

That looks pretty good with the original seats versus the Bonny seats and a whole bunch cheaper too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 pm

I think my 92 RMW has the extra middle seat as part if the drivers seat. Is that how they were made?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 pm

They all have the 60/40 front bench as you describe. Some guys just cut the armrest piece off or swap a passenger seat in to the driver's side.

Nice looking console. I like the biohazard warning lighting, too... Wink
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Nice job!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Back to Craigslist looking for a bravada console,very cool and easy mod!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:58 am

Nice job, it looks really good, the floor shifter really changes the feel of the car dosen't it.
I've had mine for almost 4 years now and still love it. Any pics of the installation job? I'm
curious how it stays in place.

EDIT: Nevermind the question, I just read the write up on the other thread.

Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 am

Sweet mod!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 am

THanks Mike to cross ref the other thread, was just thinking the same thing.

For those too lazy to look:

Windsurfer:
The number you posted above is correct. 15189201 It was $49 + $9 S&H from gmpartsdirect. I also ordered the locking clips for each end from them which were about $4 each.
All in all it was not that hard except for the part where it wouldn't sync with the column linkage until I found the problem with the JY cable. I mounted mine directly to the floor on top of the carpet with no brackets. I used elevator bolts. I used the shifter mechanism for a template and drilled straight down thru carpet and tranny tunnel and then pushed the elevator bolts up from under the car as there was enough room between tranny and floor. Then I mounted the shifter mechanism directly to the bolts on top of the carpet and bolted it down. I had to use 1" spacers on the back of the shifter but none on the front. This saved a lot of time and helps keep the interior quieter. I didn't have to remove the seats for this install. I cut a hole in the carpet concealed within the console to run the cable thru as well as power and ground wires. I installed a strip of LED lights inside the storage compartment with switch that turns the light on when the lid is opened. I also installed a double cigar lighter with dual USB charger ports into the front tray. Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement.
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 pm

200OZ wrote:
Nice job, it looks really good, the floor shifter really changes the feel of the car dosen't it.
I've had mine for almost 4 years now and still love it. Any pics of the installation job? I'm
curious how it stays in place.

EDIT: Nevermind the question, I just read the write up on the other thread.

Mike

P/N 15189201 is the correct GM cable for this conversion.

The seats were switched a month ago thanks to members here who sold me a passenger seat with frame (no rails or motor) and I was able to reverse the recline mechanism quite easy so it would be located on the drivers side. Not visible in the photos is the leopard print velvet headliner (photos to come).

Future plans:
1. Use the leather from the old drivers seat to make a matching shifter boot.
2. New carpet
3. Repair rear quarter panels (starting to rust) Finally found the leak and sealed it.
4. Install new mufflers Dynomax inlet and outlet same side to dump in front of the rear wheels and eliminate over the axle pipes like this. (Scroll down to see how Navy Lifer did his).
5. New wheels. I really like the look of my chrome TQ customs but they are pitting badly after 6 years.
6. New paint and wood maybe in year or 2 if she is still chugging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:08 am

Unless the old seat is all tore up,please leave it alone and buy a soft piece of leather instead.
These seats in good condition should be saved if at all possible.
Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:49 am

That exhaust is gorgeous. What an awesome idea.
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Photo added to original post
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Unless the old seat is all tore up,please leave it alone and buy a soft piece of leather instead.
These seats in good condition should be saved if at all possible.
Thanks

Drivers seat bottom front panel was disintegrating. I am planning to use the vinyl skirt from the sides of the seat to cut up into a shifter boot.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 10:01 pm

what are elevator bolts, never heard of them, what bracket did you use to mount the end of shifter cable to tranny , where it shifts , im going to do this mod soon, i have the console and shifter already, and a few extras
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 pm

DROLDS2U wrote:
what are elevator bolts, never heard of them, what bracket did you use to mount the end of shifter cable to tranny , where it shifts , im going to do this mod soon, i have the console and shifter already, and a few extras

Take a look at this guy's install.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/629700/1995-chevrolet-caprice/

Elevator bolts
Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW 2XJ16_AS01

Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW 060214TS04-590

#6 is the bracket that attaches to your tranny oil pan P/N 15033324
#8 is the clip that locks the cable end into the bracket at trans. P/N 11515758
#2 is the clip that locks the cable end into the bracket at shifter. P/N 15116345

Here is the link for a parts diagram and parts list but the prices here are high. This diagram shows an additional part (#3) on the shifter lever area that is not used on B body 4L60e transmissions.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am

Very nice mod,inspiring!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW   Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Bravada Console and Floor shifter install - 94 RMW
Page 1 of 1