GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help ME! interior lights

Go down 
+2
Wagoninabox
GMjonn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GMjonn

GMjonn

Help ME! interior lights Empty
PostSubject: Help ME! interior lights   Help ME! interior lights Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:41 pm

ok, Im running out of ideas here. I some fresh minds. My interior lights stay on all the time.

What I have done so far

One at a time I have unscrewed the door light switches, removing them from the hinge post and breaking ground. Lights still stayed on.
   Pulled down the in convience center and one by one removed the 3 relays closed the door and waited for the lights to go out. No luck. I then pulled out the green box closed the doors and the lights still stayed on even taking into acount the time delay.
  Whats next? any ideas? Is there anything left other than the dommer switch function on the headlight switch?

I need ideas people so chime in!

Ok so I have gone back out and started from scratch with all 4 doors open and the door switches removed from the pillars the lights stay on...............
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Help ME! interior lights   Help ME! interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:39 am

Wow.  So this is a shot in the dark here, but out of the 4 door switches, only the drivers door switch will have two flat connectors to it.  The remaining 3 have just one.  If the second flat connector is off and loose and touching the body, this could be what is making the lights stay on constant.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Help ME! interior lights   Help ME! interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:02 am

Try unplugging the keyless module behind the DS cargo area panel. When you unlock the doors that turns the interior lights on.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Help ME! interior lights   Help ME! interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Was this resolved? Mine started this today all interior lights stay on exept the back cargo handle lights.
opened and shut the doors numerous times played with the light wheel they wont go out.
wound up just unhooking the battery.
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Help ME! interior lights   Help ME! interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 4:41 pm

roadmastercouple wrote:
Was this resolved? Mine started this today all interior lights stay on exept the back cargo handle lights.
opened and shut the doors numerous times played with the light wheel they wont go out.
wound up just unhooking the battery.

Mike,
I would think that you have a ground somewhere in the Door lighting circuit. (The door switches ground to turn the lights on.)

As this happened to the original poster so long ago and we have not heard back I think it was either resolved or they just never posted back.

For a temporary fix you can pull the courtesy light relay from under the dash. This will temporarily disable the lights until you figure out where the issue is coming from. It is in the panel with the flasher relay. There are 3 in a row. It is next to the flasher and brake light switch relays. Just pull it until you get it figured out. That way you won't have to disconnect your battery. Or pull the fuse.

The headlight switch will still turn the lights on. Just be careful you remember to turn them off.

The little bugger looks like this.
Help ME! interior lights D1780C_Primary__ra_p

Rock auto description of the relay.

Picture of the relay center is below. Under the kick panel on the drivers side between the brake pedal and the emergency brake.

Site where picture came from.

Help ME! interior lights 2012-11-27_210415_1

Hope this helps.

Douglas.
Back to top Go down
GMjonn

GMjonn

PostSubject: Re: Help ME! interior lights   Help ME! interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 6:24 pm

It turned out to be the dimmer switch that needed replacing. This happened at away from home on vacation the afternoon before we were set to leave at 4 am and drive 16 hrs home. I ended pulling all the bulbs because I couldn't drive at 4 am with all the interior lights on and the GM engineers in all their wisdom decided to put all the interior lights not on 1 fuse but several fuses and to also put other things on those circuits also
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Help ME! interior lights   Help ME! interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Ok thanks guys appreciate it
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Help ME! interior lights   Help ME! interior lights Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Same issue with my BRMW. It was the headlight switch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help ME! interior lights   Help ME! interior lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help ME! interior lights
Page 1 of 1