GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Courtesy Door Lights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
COL

COL

Courtesy Door Lights Empty
PostSubject: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm

I added four courtesy door lights recently. My OCC had them blocked off but I discovered the wiring plug when I did my front speakers.
Dick
Courtesy Door Lights DSCN0895
Courtesy Door Lights DSCN0898
Before
Courtesy Door Lights DSCN0865
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Nice touch Dick!

What's that an old "bug" in the garage?

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Looks good and bright Dick,plan on adding them to my back doors soon but my front doors came
with them from the factory.Must be a option package or something.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Looks good and bright Dick,plan on adding them to my back doors soon but my front doors came
I have an extra pair of rear ones if you need them. You can have them for free if you pay shipping. PM me a zip code and address if you want them.
Dick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Flasheroo wrote:

Looks good! I could not find blue to match my car so I went with satin black....figured the black matched the black upper door trim behind the pull-straps and around the interior door handles. Wink

Mine also had them on the front but not the rear doors. I guess being an Oldsmobile these cars were somewhere between a Chevy and a Buick, so since Chevy had none and Buick had four they gave Olds two. Laughing

Courtesy Door Lights IMG_20120909_150205

They do look SO much better with the lights added!
Courtesy Door Lights IMG_20120910_113225
Courtesy Door Lights IMG_20120910_113236

Painted the existing housings satin black on the front doors to match the rears. Gotta make it look "factory" Rolling Eyes
Courtesy Door Lights IMG_20120910_113157
Courtesy Door Lights IMG_20120910_113211

It's the little things that make you happy! Very Happy
Courtesy Door Lights IMG_20120909_195621

Last edited by 81X11 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:39 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Nice touch Dick!

What's that an old "bug" in the garage?

Tom,
It is my wife's daily driver. 1965
Courtesy Door Lights DSCN0198
Dick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 pm

That bug is SWEET! I like the roof rack!
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Mike,
Your pictures are why I have them on mine now. My front ones were blue but had an opaque white and red lens. Fred told me they were off an Impala. Then when I got the rears in Tan I like the lenses a lot more. I painted the rear tan bezel blue but not happy with the match. Have SEM can on the way.

Then I found a set with the fluted clear and red lens in Tan. Swapped the lenses and bingo. No wonder my wife thinks I waste money on the Olds.

Dick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:51 pm

COL wrote:
Mike,
Your pictures are why I have them on mine now. My front ones were blue but had an opaque white and red lens. Fred told me they were off an Impala. Then when I got the rears in Tan I like the lenses a lot more. I painted the rear tan bezel blue but not happy with the match. Have SEM can on the way.

Then I found a set with the fluted clear and red lens in Tan. Swapped the lenses and bingo. No wonder my wife thinks I waste money on the Olds.

Dick

Hahahaha, sounds like one of my projects! I put three different rear-view mirrors on my '89 OCC before I was happy with the final look (1990 Deville compass mirror..haha).
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Mike,
I sill want to add the second set of horns next to the battery. Let me know if you find a pair. Its a hobby right?
I spent a lot more on Beer per week in the old days. Ask my wife...... Yeah and wine and liquor.
I'm no fun now.
COL
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:05 pm

COL wrote:
Mike,
I sill want to add the second set of horns next to the battery. Let me know if you find a pair. Its a hobby right?
I spent a lot more on Beer per week in the old days. Ask my wife...... Yeah and wine and liquor.
I'm no fun now.
COL

I'll nab you a set next time I get a yarding hall pass from Misty. Very easy job, and there are usually a few Roady sedans and Fleetwoods at the local yards.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Thanks Mike.
My navy SEM paint came a while ago. Perfect match, I pulled the light part way out. Took out the lens and bulb. Masked the wires and painted. Popped it back together and now they match.
At least as far as I can tell in a dark garage. The power went out here for some reason. Computer and MiFi on Battery. I will shoot some photos in natural light when it quits raining.

The four horns a a must. I'll bet they sound good.
My next project is figuring out how to wire up the corner lights. Mine did not have the option but I have them in now but not wired in.
Dick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 pm

If FLasharoo passes on the rear lights, I'll take 'em. Same as the others 2 in front, none in the back. Funny part is the other two OCC I had, had 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy Door Lights   Courtesy Door Lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Courtesy Door Lights
Page 1 of 1