GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

infl rest light

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
poppawoodie

poppawoodie

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:39 am

what is it, why is it occasionally coming on, and what the heck does infl rest mean? scratch
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:02 am

Inflatable Restraint, air bag. Don't know why the light's coming on. See what the Owner's Manual says.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 am

Put an older non-bag GM leather sport wheel on your car and just pull that bulb. DONE! I hate ugly air-bag steering wheels!

infl rest light 442Wheel004
Back to top Go down

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Mike,you know there's a horn knob exactly like yours on ebay for 10 bucks!Would be a cheap spare for your car!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike,you know there's a horn knob exactly like yours on ebay for 10 bucks!Would be a cheap spare for your car!

Looking now. The one on my Cutlass is a little discolored. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
poppawoodie

poppawoodie

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:31 pm

ok monkey understands now, air bag would have made more sense though less letters too. hopefully it doesnt blow up in my face while im driving. affraid
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:57 am

poppawoodie wrote:
ok monkey understands now, air bag would have made more sense though less letters too. hopefully it doesnt blow up in my face while im driving. affraid

inflatable restraint sounded so much more high tech back then though!
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:34 am

Mike, I have the same trouble, and I am looking for a steering wheel to get rid of the ugly stock one..
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:50 am

kelly.booth.355 wrote:
Mike, I have the same trouble, and I am looking for a steering wheel to get rid of the ugly stock one..

I do not miss the old giant warped airbag wheel AT ALL.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Ursula

Ursula

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:54 am

theres some nice ones on ebay, but one line says wont fit on airbag steering column, yet further in the description says all models except.....Caprice is not an exception...do you know if the steering columns are different??
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:44 pm

kelly.booth.355 wrote:
theres some nice ones on ebay, but one line says wont fit on airbag steering column, yet further in the description says all models except.....Caprice is not an exception...do you know if the steering columns are different??

The older GM wheels will fit on the actual metal steering column shaft of our cars with no issues, and the horn just twists in.   You do have to remove the air bag wire (I just snipped mine off and covered it up, and yanked the bulb), and if using an older Olds or Buick leather wheel, you may have to sand down the plastic collar on the backside of the wheel a bit where the wheel itself meets the column.   The older wheels stuck out a little more.   I do not believe you have to do this with a Lumina wheel, but Crovo mentioned he had to do it on his Buick wheel, and I had to do it on my Olds wheel.   I cheated and just filed it down a bit with my bench-grinder.   It's an easy most, and you just sand it down a bit until the platic on the wheel is not touching the actual column.

Still looks factory!   Great mod!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

infl rest light Empty
PostSubject: Re: infl rest light   infl rest light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

infl rest light
Page 1 of 1