GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upper ball joint bolt issue?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Upper ball joint bolt issue? Empty
PostSubject: Upper ball joint bolt issue?   Upper ball joint bolt issue? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:45 pm

As most of you know, I'm a high school teacher. Last fall, I brought my 94 Caprice wagon in to the school shop to do complete front end, ball joints, sway links, shocks, brakes, sender and pump. I work with the kids, and am good buddies with the tech teacher. While putting on my summer tires today, I noticed that the passenger upper ball joint has the bolts in upside down. The bolts point down, nuts on the bottom. Only jogged my memory when I got to the driver's side, and that one is bolted in correctly. Should I bother to change them? Will they tear the boot? Yes, I know that they should go the other way. If someone has real world experience, I'll gladly take your advice!

Jason.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Upper ball joint bolt issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upper ball joint bolt issue?   Upper ball joint bolt issue? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 pm

If they are putting marks on the boot, change them. If they do not touch the boot, I would not worry about it. Either way it is not a difficult job. Do one at a time, and you will not have to check anything.
Back to top Go down

Upper ball joint bolt issue?
Page 1 of 1