GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oil leak at the distributor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TylerW

Oil leak at the distributor? Empty
PostSubject: Oil leak at the distributor?   Oil leak at the distributor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey guys:

I've put about 4500 miles on my '91 RMW so far, and it's been leaving small puddles of oil everywhere.

It was time to do an oil change today, so I took the opportunity to track down the leak.

It appears it is leaking out around the base of the distributor, but I'm not 100 percent sure until I can get further in there and clean it off.

I found what appears to be a ring of form-a-gasket just hanging around the distributor base, and in fact the dist was loose when I got this car, causing it to hardly run.

What is supposed to be in place to seal off oil leaks? Is there an o-ring on the distributor, o-ring plus a seal on the block, or neither lol...

Thanks for the help....
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak at the distributor?   Oil leak at the distributor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:50 pm

i kno on my 92 RMW there is a gasket inbetween the distributor to the intake..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak at the distributor?   Oil leak at the distributor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Odds are the Intake mANIFOLD is leaking because it is a very common SBC problem. Just pull the intake and reseal everything. The Felpro gasket set will include the gasket for the distributor base.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil leak at the distributor?   Oil leak at the distributor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oil leak at the distributor?
Page 1 of 1