GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear cargo light on while engine running

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Rear cargo light on while engine running Empty
PostSubject: Rear cargo light on while engine running   Rear cargo light on while engine running Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:51 am

Ok, so on the 'new' 92 wagon that my son took. Whe the engine is running the rear driver's side cargo light goes on about half brightness (like there is a dimmer on it) so I know it's not getting full voltage. Also the Gate Ajar light is on all the time and yes, I checked the gate is closed both ways.

Also the Load leveler runs for about 3-4 min after you kill the engine (assume leaky shocks as they are SOFT).

Any ideas on the first two?
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

Rear cargo light on while engine running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear cargo light on while engine running   Rear cargo light on while engine running Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 10:21 am

The gate ajar and light being on sound like a ground issue in the door circuit. Or a wire is chafed and grounding out somewhere. Ground = on with the door circuit.

Remove the light delay relay in the drivers kick fuse panel and see if the gate ajar light and the dim light go out. In a 96 it's right next to the horn relay.

If this works then you know it's related to the circuit for the door lights. It should be a good workaround until you find the issue.

Have the same problem in the MAB Roadmaster. I have yet to find the bad ground and with the relay removed it will at least not be on at night when you are driving. You just won't have the interior lights when you open the door.

Again this is for a 96 but it may work on a 92. I don't know the differences in the wiring.
Back to top Go down

Rear cargo light on while engine running
Page 1 of 1