GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Empty
PostSubject: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 6:21 pm

So as most of you know, I'm on the sidelines with my knee and then this infection (still recovering).
So about a week before I got the infection,  I drive my wife's Lexus and it has a bad driveline vibration.  Won't bore you with the details but I spent $1000 and it's still there).

So my wife starts driving the Blue OCC.  The AC blower dies a slow death over two weeks.  It's done now.  Now today I get in it to go
grocery shopping.  It  cranks slooooooooooooooooooow.  I figure great, the battery.  I drive around in it for a bit to charge it. and go shopping.  I come out and it starts but is really slow cranking.  No biggie, I just put a battery in Dusty 6 months ago, I'll swap 'em.  Well, that didn't fix it.

It's a gear reduction unit that Chris put in.  Waiting to hear back if he knows about what mileage it went in (car has over 75K since he bought it) so it might be done.

To top it all off, I usually use the one set of keys that are worn and you can pull it out while it's running.  Today I used the spare set and I can't get the column to lock and the key out.  So it's locked in the car with the column unlocked.....I can't win this month!!!!

Last edited by Sprocket on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Hey, mine wouldn't turn off - be glad the key is just stuck :-)
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 8:02 pm

John, as sucky as your month has been (and really, you do win the award) keep in mind you live where it is not 16 degrees at the moment. Now I can't bitch cause soon I will be down your way. Just try to remember car troubles when it is cold (like today, the rear hatch wouldn't open in the Roady due to the cold) are twice as frustrating as they are when it is 70 and sunny!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Oh I'm just bitchin' like a little girl...cuz it made me feel better, lol.

Trust me the car has 256K+ what do I really expect? It's just the timing of it all. Might be easier to swap the plate and insurance back onto Dusty, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:56 am

I still can't believe you never sold Dusty. From what you described, it was a great deal. Did you ever try Craigslist or Ebay? I see older rusty Roady's up north a lot worse than yours that don't last long when advertised. Glad you are feeling better.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:42 am

No, Never advertised Dusty.  She's on hold for a forum member, which would be mutually beneficial for both if it works out.  She's driveable, I just can't afford the insurance (700 yr) on an 'extra' car.

Ordered another Denso starter this AM. Said fridday to Monday delivery. Hoping on Friday, but not expecting it....
Turns out the Hitachi one has between 30-35K on it and is 2 yrs old......
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:12 pm

So I told my wife to take my son's 92 wagon (new white one) this morning as the the other two cars are acting up.   She drives it and it's fine.  I tell her, let's drop off your Lexus so they get to it tomorrow or Friday.  Ok.  get in it and it starts, put the wagon in drive and it dies.  No it cranks and won't start.  I'm in the swale and on a little sideways incline so I think the fuel gauge is off.  Run to station and get 2.5 gal.  No change.  WTF Really?   I have 8 personal cars at the house, 4 are insured and I can't drive any, really?  I can't bend my knee so I can't drive the Healey (stick)......this blows!

UPDATE: Got car pushed into the grass so it was more level. Now it started and idles fine. Put the air cleaner back on (checking spray pattern) and pull it into the driveway. Flash Gumby stopped by to help me get it back in the driveway. Leave it run for a couple min rev it up, seems fine.

Well darn, I guess I was low on gas. So he leaves (has to go back to work) and I decide to drive it to fill it up to find out how far off the fuel gauge is. I go around one left and it almost fuel starves.....thinking yep the gauge is whacked. Fill it up and it takes under 8 gals. Give it some more and it takes only a little and shuts off again. Crap the gauge is right it DID have half a tank.

I start it up and on the first right turn I give it gas and it stalls mid corner like a fuel starve......

Guessing the fuel pump is going so yeah I'm down to crap for cars. This is unbelievable!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 3:34 pm

Man sorry to hear you are having such car issues!

On the Lexus, could it be another bad tire? That one you replaced here was shot! Just guessing.

Good luck on the cars and keep healing up!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 4:01 pm

81X11 wrote:
Man sorry to hear you are having such car issues!    

On the Lexus, could it be another bad tire?   That one you replaced here was shot!   Just guessing.

Good luck on the cars and keep healing up!

-Mike
Tires have been replaced... $425 for three. I shoulda got 4 when I was with you!

Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 am

Your wife must be a saint. I'm lucky that my old cars all work fine (for now). My wife is ok with the occasional tow, and she certainly understands routine service. But, to have the whole fleet undriveable at once? Yikes, that is not a conversation I would want to have!!
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:16 am

At least you have spare parts - get a forum member to help you swap a fuel pump between the 4...
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 12:48 pm

So the starter is ok?

Man...you have had quite the time. I wish I lived closer...I would help some.

I've had a string of cr@p break these past few weeks too. PTO not working on my mower, Foundation crumbling on the house (far corner) and last night the heat pump broke.

BUT, I have my health. I can't imaging dealing with this stuff and being sick/crippled like you are now.

I hope you can take it easy tomorrow...

Chris

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Just waiting on the new starter to get here.  Hopefully Friday or Sat arrival as I go back to the office on Monday... Fuel pump on Junior's car will wait until he is ready to work on it (he's flying back to town tonight).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS   When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When it rains, it pours - NOW WITH MORE PROBLEMS
Page 1 of 1