GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?

Go down 
+3
lakeffect
silverfox103
Mark 96 Roady
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Empty
PostSubject: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 11:14 pm

I can't seem to catch a break this month. As you may know from an earlier post, the motor in my other car in Pittsburgh blew up on Sunday-only 2 days after $600 for new struts. So my wife calls me Tuesday night all freaked out because the Roady is smoking from the front end. She is close to home, and no warning lights are on, so I told her to drive home unless of course it overheats or makes any weird noises. Its dark when she gets home, and the car smells hot. The next morning, I open the hood to find the a/c compressor fried! I limp it down the street 1 1/2 miles to the shop where my other car is. Now we don't have any working cars! My Mustang is in bare metal in the garage, very close to paint so it's not driveable. So the guy at the garage takes pity on me and puts me ahead of everyone else, and in less than 24 hours time I have an all new a/c system. Tally for the month: $1900 to strip and re paint the Roady roof, $300 for a new headliner, $600 for rear struts on my Cutlass, and now almost $900 for the new a/c system in the Roady! And, the Cutlass is still up in the air as to what I'm gonna do. AAARGH!!! Aren't old cars great?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Ugh

Sorry to hear that Mark.

Tom
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 5:03 am

I hear ya Bro.
With Shammoo, it's always one step forward and two ( more like too many) steps back. Issues, Windows, radio, fuel guage, grillpops out, headlights suck at night, needs new suspension, shocks, bushings, and a full re-paint. and re-tint.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 10:20 am

Hope things smooth out for you soon!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 10:27 am

Well, look at it this way, it's October a new month, and you haven't spent a dime on them this month!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 10:33 am

I have an interior guy who does headliners for $75. $300 is a real ouch. Maybe you will have a stretch of good running now (still beats car payments on three new ones).
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 11:14 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I have an interior guy who does headliners for $75. $300 is a real ouch. Maybe you will have a stretch of good running now (still beats car payments on three new ones).
Wow, that's cheap. I did some shopping around for price, and in Pittsburgh everybody was very close to $300. Everyone told me it was more because of course the Roady wagon used much more fabric than a "regular" car.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 9:46 pm

wow, mayber I'll breing the 92 over to the Gulf side, that's pretty cheap for a headliner. I priced the material out close to 45 bucks.
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 11:13 pm

$350 was what I was quoted in Portland to do a minivan headliner. Probably a lot less if I took it out.

Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck. I would stillratherr pay for repairs than depreciation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?   Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Really? Ever hear the expression when it rains it pours?
Page 1 of 1