GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build

Go down 
+20
kadonte
buickestate
jasonlachapelle
lowlow37
1993 Roady-man
mtrhead79
Sprocket
stewzer55
95BRMW
81X11
BigBlackBeaSSt
Tom Wingo
phantom 309
silverfox103
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
jayoldschool
bamalongroof
Roadagon
brokecello
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:28 pm

My old wheels do look nice! they get do get around!

These rims were part of a group purchase on the Impala SS forum some years ago now, they were and still are IMHO once the best suited rims for the 91-96 b bodies and the fleetwoods.

Chris try em on the fleetwood and take some pictures
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Sure wish there were some more sets floating around and Pat you are right about they being almost perfect on our B bodys!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:23 pm

I had actually purchased a set myself through that same GP Pat...I think it was 9 years ago now!! I never mounted tires on them and sold them to someone in Canada a few months later. I bought a set of used TT2s with tires instead.

I know these would look good on the Fleetwood...but then what would I put on the wagon  Wink 

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Photo2_zpsd880d22c

_

I mentioned earlier that I am the second owner of this wagon...the first owner was Fairfax Co Government, VA. Well, since I was passing through...I went to the Govt center and cruised around looking for other B-bodies in the fleet lots. None to be found (looks like they were replaced by minivans and FWD Impalas)

I did snag a shot of the wagon infront of it's old home though Smile

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Photo1_zps04591b78
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Chris.do you think these rims could be the ones you bought/sold 9 years ago?Really changes the way your wagon looks versus stock.Damn,I like those wheels.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:40 pm

nope, they came from atlanta to me then mike now chris
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 am

Boy they look nice.
Back to top Go down
lowlow37

lowlow37

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:25 am

They are really hot! And now when you remind me, i have seen the modification thread on the wheels.. The Bmw 7 series are everywhere here, almost for free.. Checked the local advertise site today, and have found two cars with similar wheels that i am going to check out and see if i can buy it and just take the wheels.. Strange phenomena that a set of wheels are priced about the same as a whole car.....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:55 am

Loving the pics and the wheels totally changed the look of the car. NICE!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:26 pm

Very Nice!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:44 pm

Thanks guys!

Next step is putting the "new" shocks in, swaybars (front SS/9C1 bar and rear Crown Vic) and prob a new set of rear springs too.

Then getting some paintwork done (hopefully)
Back to top Go down
kadonte

kadonte

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:51 am

Those wheels are striking. What a great look!
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:17 am

Chris, you got a real nice lookin' wagon there. I know I'm biased, but I love the wheels too.

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 006-1

Last edited by 200OZ on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:25 am

Mike,those are your wheels that are now on Chris,s new caprice?Your roady is looking sharp as usual!
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:53 pm

No, I still have my OZ's, Chris got his OZ's from Mike P. (DBeaSSt), who got them from Pat (buickestate).
Although, Chris may have one of my original center caps, which he got from Mike P.... Follow Jim?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Just barely but yes I fully understand.You still looking for a set of chrome road wheels and tires?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:36 am

Yeah, those wheels do set off the wagon (and have a history to folks here too).  

I did pick up a set of very nice 9C1 wheels late last night (traded them for an extra trans I had laying around).   The Fleetwood might get the OZ wheels at some point, but I dunno yet.  (sorry for the bad pic...it was dark)

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_4815_zps4edd24f2

___

Latest update is the radio.  I removed the stock tape player and put in a remanufactured CD with aux input.  

This is the first radio I have ever owned that had an aux input like this.....I am moving up!  cheers

Once the weather warms up, I will install the shocks and new rear springs. Just too cold right now.

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_4788_zps502f7901
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_4789_zps46c2bd2d
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_4790_zps4d737fd5

Digging the plate Smile 

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_4807_zpsacf2bace
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Just a little update and some pics....

My wagon survived the Southern SNOWPOCALYPSE OF 2014!!

Whatever tires Mike Prosise put on these wheels actually did quite well. Was fun to drive in Smile

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5104_zps4f67f879
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5140_zps018c4fd2

Also installed the new rear springs (Moog CC625) and the nearly new Bilstein shocks (just the rears today) I will put the fronts on next weekend when I do front brakes.

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5163_zps2a2a75a8
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5172_zps43325c47
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5170_zps36a0e299

Chris
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:24 pm

If anyone has Fred's email address, please forward it to me in a Private Message. (PM)

Thanks,
Dave
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi Chris,
This is the rear set up i'm also going with... what are your plans for front springs? Jeff p.s. nice work like the wagon a lot.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks Jeff! I'm thinking about using the Moog 7268 springs for the front ( I read all of THIS thread and between the author and Jason's comments...it's a lot to chew on )

What are you planning to use?

Chris
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:42 pm

I think they said that the moog 7268, and 80098 were the exact same spring. The 80098 is almost $8.00 cheaper on amazon. Just some info. in case you felt like saving $8.00. I myself am getting ready to buy the Moog 5402's They are supposed to be equivalent to the stock springs. Though I might buy the 80098's They're only $6.35 more than the 5402's
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Chris

Is that a picture of the rear end housing from your car?

Tom
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi Chris that is the same thread I've also read... a lot of info in there. I want to lower the front a little and I'm still undecided....Jeff
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:31 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Chris

Is that a picture of the rear end housing from your car?

Tom  

Yes, I didnt have the time or energy to clean it right now.  It looks rusty..but it's a bunch of dirt and grit.  I have to change the diff oil (and have a new cover with drain plug to install).  I'll spruce it up then and get some less scary pics.  lol

Thanks for the tip Shawn!' $8 is $8!

Chris
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Brokecello/Scoffman: The 750# springs are a good spring if you live where the roads are nice. That being said, I think they are too much spring for even the Bilsteins. Stick with a softer spring (550-650# max) if you plan on using bilstein front shocks. If you want to use a 750# front spring, I suggest you get koni special D (red) front shocks and set them to full hard. I have a very low mileage set for sale. I also still have another set of 4 bilsteins for sale. PM me if interested.

Scoffman: not sure what shocks your suspension plan is, but the 5402 is vastly different than the 7268. What shock do you plan on using (this would influence what spring you use) ? IMO 338# is way too soft, but I personally don't like the stock soft ride.

the 7268 is the same as the 80098. Get whichever one is cheapest. The 80090 is just a bit taller, about stock caprice height. If you find a good deal on the 80090, just cut it. Good call on the 625 springs. They are quite nice.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:56 pm

I went with some KYB gas a just all around, the 80098 for the front, and the cc623's for the rear with the airlift 1000's. I'm looking for a stiffer ride with a little more aggressive front rake.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Nothing to major...I did take another stab at the paintwork. It has some issues where the Govt Decals were brutally removed (I mean...really? Looks like Jason hacked the one off the driver's door).

I was able to get the fender tops corrected and passenger door. The driver's door is just screwed. So that is why I ordered the magnets Smile A repaint (or two tone) of the sides will happen at some point.

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5269_zps9ac4d67a
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5270_zps01f2b10a
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5275_zps0056a411
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5272_zps4715e96b
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5273_zpsd444e9a2

And this is why I bought this thing...for my music business! Had it loaded up Fri for a gig. Two Cellos and other misc equipment. BOOM! Smile

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5314_zpse7f1be11
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:24 am

That's a sweet lookin' wagon. Looks like it's coming along nicely. I miss my red '95, it was a cool looking car in that color. Hey, how's that new radio holding up? I want to get one of those done for my OCC. Oh and BTW, the factory '95 - '96 Caprice radio (and presumably the one you have in there now) will work with steering wheel controls. I was going to use a Monte Carlo/Lumina steering wheel on mine but I couldn't find a decent one in a yard until -go figure; the weekend after I sold the car! Anyway you need that and a clock spring from a steering wheel control'd car. Might be a sweet mod, especially if your steering wheel is shot already.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:36 am

That thing is really looking great!!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:19 am

Thank you!!

Just a couple of quick pics...I had a little issue with a front swaybar endlink *cough* lol

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5530_zps41de68f0

I also threw on some new brakes / rotors when I did the front shocks too.

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5531_zps7b04cc34
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5522_zpsc40d8ea0

Took the Caprice to the Daytona, FL WagonFest. My wife had a seminar in TX, so I brought my buddy Heath (he has a RMS). We had a good time and I was finally able to drive on the beach!

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5552_zps4be92888
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5570_zpsbebdf90e
Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 IMG_5579_zpsa3ecc8c5
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:00 am

One sweet ride
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Fantastic Pics! Nice Work!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Well, thanks guys! It did shine up pretty well for FL.  I did go through a whole bottle of touchup paint beforehand though!  Hahaha

I will add...Tom Wingo hooked me up with a front 9C1 swaybar @ Daytona!  So I will be adding that at some point (along with the Ferd rear bar mod)

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build   Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up another wagon...Caprice Wagon Build
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2