GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
caprice181

caprice181

Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea  Empty
PostSubject: Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea    Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:13 pm

I just posted this in the wagon section of the Impala SS forum.

If the Load leveling option on a wagon is not being used due to having aftermarket shocks, can the load leveling compressor be modified?

Today while loading up the back of my wagon my brother heard the load leveling sound start up. After I explained what it was for and that I didn't use it due to having Monroe shocks he said it would be cool if the compressor could be hooked up to a switch where you could turn it on and off from inside the car and use the compressor to put air in your tires.

Does anyone know if this can be done? This would be a nice emergency option.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea    Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:51 am

There is no reason it could not be able to hook it up for that. You would have to replace the actuator with a switch, and run a line to a barb. Then you need a hose long enough to reach all of the tires from the barb. If you put a barb at each corner, you could use a short hose.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea    Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2022 5:55 pm

It has a pair of 1/8" plastic air lines.....It would take forever to pump up a tire and would probably burn up the pump....
Think about this.... If you had air shocks that you filled at a schrade valve with an air hose, it takes just a breif few seconds to inflate...
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea    Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Load leveling compressor Question/ Idea
Page 1 of 1