GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places

Go down 
+5
brokecello
lakeffect
convert2diesel
bamalongroof
94Woody
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Empty
PostSubject: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 am

Check this car out. I met this dude at a car show, we chatted, I gave him a card, and the next weekend we met up and did a little photo shoot and Q&A session.

Oh, and I got a ride in it. This thing is BAD ASS.

A '51 Mercury Monterey with LT1/T56 power.

http://autowaffle.com/angelo-fiorinis-1951-mercury-custom/

Also, it's orange. My favorite.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:07 pm

That is one nice ride.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Well done...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:17 pm

He's got more. So much more. He's a cool dude, and we've been chatting. I'll probably shoot his cars periodically as he pulls them out and then use them on months where I might not be able to find someone else.

But yeah. AWESOME stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Awesome car and a great addition to the Waffle!
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Never was much for the lead sleds but this one shows a real commitment to the art. Got to respect that.

Bill
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Any idea what the rear tail lights are from? I did not see where it was mentioned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 3:57 pm

I don't recall him mentioning it. If you're curious, I can call him and ask if you want to get an idea for the wagon. Smile
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm looking for alternative tail light ideas.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Woah! Very nice!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 pm

is the air cleaner a fake one on top of the intake or is ir piped in somehow
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 7:51 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
is the air cleaner a fake one on top of the intake or is ir piped in somehow

Just sitting there for now. He doesn't really care for the LT1 intake. I gave him the idea of Vette fuel rail covers filled in with Mercury logos, and now he wants a set.

Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Great article Ray. That car is so cool! You are right about the color-perfect for that car. I really like the shots from the rear, showing how the tunneled tail lights fit the arc of the quarter perfectly, and how the rear window follows the slope of the lowered roof, not an easy task to perform. I'll look forward to seeing his other cars.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:51 am

The rims on that Merc were refreshing...so tired of seeing the same ol,same ol. Great job on the article.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 11:10 am

Well, that's what I do (thanks to MarkH from here). I write for their magazine - www.regionrides.com to check out some back issues.

It's hugely popular up there, because everyone likes seeing their own car "in print" somewhere, and it's a bunch of car guys.

So I figured I could do something similar with my website as a subset.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Great read, Thanks Ray!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places   Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sometimes my side gigs lead me to interesting places
Page 1 of 1