GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intake hose drain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
roadmasterBlue

Intake hose drain Empty
PostSubject: Intake hose drain   Intake hose drain Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 3:48 pm

My ‘92 OCC (5.7 TBI) has started running a little rough whe n accelerating I noticed the Intake Air Duct Drain Hose has a big hole in it. Could that cause the rough acceleration? I have no idea what the purpose of that thing is but it’s basically disintegrating before my eyes. Appreciate any advice. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Intake hose drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake hose drain   Intake hose drain Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 6:16 pm

Need picture
Back to top Go down
roadmasterBlue

Intake hose drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake hose drain   Intake hose drain Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2024 9:15 pm

I’m not dure what that thinh is called but its in bad shape[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Intake hose drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake hose drain   Intake hose drain Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2024 9:46 pm

That is the heat riser tube. You should be able to get one at almost any parts store. It has no affect on running of the engine. I would check or change the plug wires and the cap and rotor. Maybe the plugs too.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

Intake hose drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake hose drain   Intake hose drain Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 4:32 pm

If you live in cold weather it is supposed to help the engine warm up faster. I removed mine on every car I've owned.
Back to top Go down
roadmasterBlue

Intake hose drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake hose drain   Intake hose drain Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:43 pm

Seems like rough engine is much worse when in overdrive. If i leave it in drive it’s much much better. I only drive the OCC occasionally and it’s always run smooth. Maybe it’s been sitting too much. I’ll start with plug wires. I once had a wire on my roadmaster that insulation was worn and I noticed some arcing in the dark. Changed wires and it’s been great ever since.
Back to top Go down
Walterf

Intake hose drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake hose drain   Intake hose drain Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 2:06 pm

I had same symptoms and it was the spark plugs. Follow the advice you've received here and let us know. Cheap and easy fixes are the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intake hose drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intake hose drain   Intake hose drain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intake hose drain
Page 1 of 1