GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snow tires on today.......

Go down 
+7
toomanytoyz
PatDTN
RDMLO5
81X11
1phastsswagon
Deadmanonduty
BigBlackBeaSSt
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Snow tires on today....... Empty
PostSubject: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Snow tires on today....... PC240229
Snow tires on today....... PC240228
Snow tires on today....... PC240227
Snow tires on today....... PC240226

Bring it on!!!
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:00 am

Awesome Diggers!
I can "hear" them already! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 6:16 am

Those things scare me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 7:35 am

Haven't even bought em for the new wagon yet. Haven't needed them yet though. But these cars are tough to beat in the snow with four winter tires on em!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 8:02 am

Stingroo wrote:
Those things scare me.

Easy there young fella. Hasn't your granddaddy ever told you stories about snow!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 9:07 am

Tim,even your winter snow tires are on some nice looking wheels.What no chrome lugnuts?Do
you notice a big difference in the ride and noise levels?Hope you dont need them too much this
year and Merry Christmas and stay safe if you go out.Went thru a road check last nite as soon
as we pulled onto the main highway.I always be the designated driver and even though we had
no open containers the inside of the car wreaked of liquor.I wasnt hassled and they are only
doing their jobs.I did way more than my fair share of drinking and driving years ago and feel like
I am making up for it a little bit when I am the DD.
Take Care Tim
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 9:08 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Stingroo wrote:
Those things scare me.

Easy there young fella. Hasn't your granddaddy ever told you stories about snow!!

No. He's a native Floridian. LOL

But we did live in Maine and Massachusetts for a total of 6 years. I got my fill. Never going back. No more white nonsense for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 9:10 am

Morning Ray,Merry Christmas youngster!How is your father doing?
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 9:21 am

Pretty good, Jim. Smile

Hope your Christmas is going well too.

Tim - hope it snows Laughing
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:23 am

OMG - Snow tires - When we lived in NY my dad owned a station. Heck I remember when he first taught me how to stud snows. Back then I used to enjoy it helping out, and thinking back I know why he taught me to do it - Because he hated it
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:35 pm

I remember Dad putting sandbags in the 3rd seat well under the floor in our 78 Safari in Denver and '86 Electra Estate in Jersey. He never did swap tires, just sagged the rear down for snow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RDMLO5

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:27 am

Those are some good snowtires, I run the same ones on my wagon and have never had an issue getting traction.
Back to top Go down
PatDTN

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:37 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Bring it on!!!

Shoot. I clicked in to berate you for only putting snows on the back ala my dad when I was young. Instead you've done a great job and truly are ready.

I like sand bags for weight because you can scoop some out to toss under the tires if you find ice.

Ditto on the nice looking steelies. Those are better for snow since they can bend on a big hit and not break.
Back to top Go down
http://www.patdonahue.com
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Those look nice on there. I love the rallyes. Smile

But get some enclosed chrome or stainless acorn lugs on there! You want your studs to get all rusty???/ Suspect
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:44 am

Stingroo wrote:
Pretty good, Jim. Smile

Good to hear Ray!!!!

1phastsswagon wrote:
OMG - Snow tires - When we lived in NY my dad owned a station. Heck I remember when he first taught me how to stud snows. Back then I used to enjoy it helping out, and thinking back I know why he taught me to do it - Because he hated it

I have never run studs.

81X11 wrote:
I remember Dad putting sandbags in the 3rd seat well under the floor in our 78 Safari in Denver and '86 Electra Estate in Jersey. He never did swap tires, just sagged the rear down for snow. Very Happy

Sand bags? SANDBAGS?? We don't need no stink'n sand bags!!!

RDMLO5 wrote:
Those are some good snowtires, I run the same ones on my wagon and have never had an issue getting traction.

Bought them off another Impala forum member several years ago. I think I have 3 seasons on them so far. This is the fourth.

PatDTN wrote:
BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Bring it on!!!

Shoot. I clicked in to berate you for only putting snows on the back ala my dad when I was young. Instead you've done a great job and truly are ready.

I like sand bags for weight because you can scoop some out to toss under the tires if you find ice.

Ditto on the nice looking steelies. Those are better for snow since they can bend on a big hit and not break.

Thanks and yes always 4!!!

toomanytoyz wrote:
Those look nice on there. I love the rallyes. Smile

But get some enclosed chrome or stainless acorn lugs on there! You want your studs to get all rusty???/ Suspect

I know your Imp looked great with it's ralleys, much nicer than mine. Lugs just got here from fleabay. Have to get them on.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:05 am

I used to throw 200lbs of chain in the rear footwell of my RMW with snow tires on it, and it was almost unstoppable in snow! It had a ton more traction with that weight added~
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Deadmanonduty wrote:
I used to throw 200lbs of chain in the rear footwell of my RMW with snow tires on it, and it was almost unstoppable in snow! It had a ton more traction with that weight added~

It IS fun to get better traction in snow than all but the big four-wheelers AND be able to stop better than they can.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:29 pm

my nice winter tires and rust free floridian winter steel rims were on my wagon when it died.... at least my buick turbines are still nice...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:46 pm

lot of traffic over two snow tires in this thread,. Suspect
stay tuned new taillight bulbs at 7.00pm
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 pm

I always just had snow tires on the back on my 96 RWM, but you had to "think" when you drove it in snow because it would dig so hard to accelerate, but when I needed to stop or turn it was useless! I knew, and always anticipated that, but it was not the best situation! Mainly I used it to get into my hunting land and other propertys that didn't always have the snow plowed, so I needed to rears to be the diggers to get me in and out more than anything!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:41 am

phantom 309 wrote:
lot of traffic over two snow tires in this thread,. Suspect
stay tuned new taillight bulbs at 7.00pm

But Nick, it is 4 snow tires...... Shocked

Deadmanonduty wrote:
I always just had snow tires on the back on my 96 RWM, but you had to "think" when you drove it in snow because it would dig so hard to accelerate, but when I needed to stop or turn it was useless! I knew, and always anticipated that, but it was not the best situation! Mainly I used it to get into my hunting land and other propertys that didn't always have the snow plowed, so I needed to rears to be the diggers to get me in and out more than anything!

I had a 80cc Chapparrel motorcycle when I was a kid. I had bald tires on it, but worked great on the packed snowmobile trails because it would not dig in. My buddies with big knobbies would dig up the trails and get stuck.....
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Same exact snow tires on my '96 Roadie.Hard to get stuck in even deep snow with those Hankooks ,a posi, and a willing LT1!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow tires on today.......   Snow tires on today....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow tires on today.......
Page 1 of 1