GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE???? Empty
PostSubject: Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE????   Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE???? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:12 pm

The Cruiser has been down at my friend's shop all week and I've been driving the '79 Electra. Brought the OCC in to do some long-overdue maintenance work. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, trans fluid and filter change and rear axle grease change, and lube the front end. Also to track down the Check Engine light issue.

Well once we put it up in the air I saw the right rear air shock was totally blown, and the left rear was wet too. I was planning to order a set of KYB's and new rear springs and bypass the air today, but my buddy just called me and said the radiator is dripping now. Drove down at lunch, and sure enough the radiator is rotten on the lower right corner.

SO now if I buy a new radiator I don't have money left to fix the rear shocks. Evil or Very Mad

I'm considering hitting the salvage yards....might get lucky and find a good used radiator, but before I do that I thought I'd check on here. Anyone got a good used TBI radiator with the engine oil cooler? How about some good used rear shocks? I sold a set of Monroe's to a forum member a while back...I know sometimes these get hoarded around.

Please let me know gang!

-Mike

Oh and PS. anyone know if the LT1 cars use the same radiator? Since they are reverse-cooled I'd think not...but have not looked it up yet.

Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE????   Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE???? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Radiators are different, Mike.

Yours - Part# 52480055
'95 W/O oil cooler: 52473177
'95 W/ cooler: 52472465

GM part#'s
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE????   Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE???? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Krash Kadillak wrote:
Radiators are different, Mike.

Yours - Part# 52480055
'95 W/O oil cooler: 52473177
'95 W/ cooler: 52472465

GM part#'s

Thanks Krash, I figured they were.

I looked online and I can get a used one at Wrench-A-Part for $33.....if I can find a good one with the engine oil cooler.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE????   Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE???? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Nevermind gang. Called a buddy at Mr. Cool Radiator. Have not talked to this guy in no kidding 8 years....and he remembered me. Rod it out, new tanks, $85 with a 1-year warranty....done.

Now back to shocks and springs!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE????   Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE???? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Springs are usually not an issue, just get the shocks. If you have an air shock blown, the compressor is probably shot too.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE????   Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:35 pm

I wouldn't waste money on air shocks as they will go to crap again anyway. Get a set of AirLift bags, hook them to the compressor and be done with it. A set of regular shocks will give a better ride too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE????   Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a radiator and some rear shocks for my '92 OCC PLEASE????
Page 1 of 1