GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Load level questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Load level questions Empty
PostSubject: Load level questions   Load level questions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Had I know I was going to load my cruiser with 1600 lbs of floor tile this afternoon, I would have taken Dusty as she's got the cargo springs (with 3 or 4 extra coils).

My 91 has a load leveler in it, but I noticed it's disconnected when I was swapping in a non leaking gas tank. I didn't have time that day to play with it and today I wish I would have.

The car was HORRIBLE to drive. totally bottomed on the suspension on the back, scraped the heat shield a couple times on the way home and it felt like the front wheels were off the ground. the front end was hunting back and forth like a boat. I kept it on 55 for the ride home, holding up traffic on I-95 (most traffic going 65-80). Got me home alright, but I think I'm pulling it out and putting Monroes in the there.

Any easy way to test the system to see if it still works?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Load level questions   Load level questions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:38 am

When you say disconnected, what do you mean? The electrical connector, or the adjustment bar?

If you are going to lift the car anyway, disconnect the bar from the axle, and move it up towards the frame. Compressor should come on for about 3 seconds and then shut off. There is a fuse to check for too if that doesn't work, but I forget which one it is.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Load level questions   Load level questions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:31 pm

like the connector going into it was disconnected. so is the power antenna but that's a different story...
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Load level questions   Load level questions Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Where is the connector for the air ride located? My car is equipped with it but I dont hear it working and before I dig under looking for the pump id like to see if its unplugged. Much like my antenna is as it were....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Load level questions   Load level questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Load level questions
Page 1 of 1