GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

resonators now off with magna flow mufflers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bcb577

bcb577

resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Empty
PostSubject: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:10 am

i recently had magna flow muffles put on my 96 rmw.it sounds good,but not as good as id hoped.will removing the factory resonators improve the tone of the mufflers? it has great sound under heavy acceleration,but was wanting it to  be a tad bit louder at idle,any advice would be great

Last edited by bcb577 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:20 am

It will be louder yes. Why not just unbolt rhem and see what it sounds like?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
bcb577

bcb577

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:23 am

thats a great idea,might have to do that
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 2:18 am

I don't have a driver side resonator at the moment and can't tell that one side is louder, but then its pretty quiet. .
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
bcb577

bcb577

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 2:23 am

well,i do like the sound even with resonators on it,but the shop i took it to started their business doing exhaust only and are pretty well known here in columbus,he suggested getting rid of them to get the max out of my magna flows so ill probably go ahead and do it and keep my fingers crossed,lol I'm not too worried as i like the loud muscle car sound!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:32 pm

on my 91 Olds, the muffler was eliminated and kept just the resonator. It had a nice throaty tone that didn't drone at all.
Back to top Go down
bcb577

bcb577

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 4:11 pm

I've heard of one other person who ditched the muffler and kept just the resonators and loved it
Back to top Go down
bcb577

bcb577

PostSubject: resonators are now off   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:12 am

recently i have posted about the sound of my exhaust after putting on magna flow mufflers,and to the fact that with the magna flows and with stock resonators i had little to no drone driving at speeds under 55 mph.as of last wed i have had the resonators removed,,,,,,,while i like the deeper tone and and sound in general,as expected i do have more drone than before,but i think the overall sound makes it worth it.it does not sound raspy like I've heard from some of the other brands of mufflers on tube.i know the sound of ones exhaust is personal,and personally i like the muscle car sound I've achieved with this set up and would recommend magna flow mufflers on anyones long roof who likes an aggressive exhaust note!
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 1:47 am

I have a Magnaflow on my C10, 18" long oval dual in single out. It's loud, but not obscenely loud and little drone. Sounds great.
Back to top Go down
bcb577

bcb577

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:24 pm

I think mine are the 18 inch also, very happy with them
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Sidepipes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: resonators now off with magna flow mufflers   resonators now off with magna flow mufflers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

resonators now off with magna flow mufflers
Page 1 of 1