GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remote lock/unlock key fob.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

Remote lock/unlock key fob. Empty
PostSubject: Remote lock/unlock key fob.   Remote lock/unlock key fob. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 11:34 pm

It's not related to a longroof, but a general GM question. My mom lost the key fob that controls the unlock/lock/trunk function for her 1995 Seville. I'm going to the junkyard tomorrow, and was wondering if any other gm unit might work? I know it would need to be programmed to fit her car, and I think I remember seeing a thread for that here somewhere. Anyway, any info would be appreciated. Her local mechanic told her that through Cadillac that the part and programing would be over $100. I'd like to help her out if I can. Thanks, Mark.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Remote lock/unlock key fob.   Remote lock/unlock key fob. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 10:57 am

Yes, others will work. Your RMW one will probably work, try it out. If you ask the guys on the Cadillac Forum, in the FWD section, they'll probably know the PNs that will work with the receiver.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Remote lock/unlock key fob.   Remote lock/unlock key fob. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 1:25 pm

This is a question for your FSM......I don't remember all the parameters right now, but I believe that you'll need to get The FCC numbers off the receiver and buy compatible remotes before doing the programming hokey-pokey.... You can get used fobs from ebay pretty cheap!
In my case, I got my wagon without the remotes and bought the correct one online only to find that the receiver was shot..... I verified this by manipulating all the outputs using jumpers.....After that, it was a piece of cake to install a bulldog unit right next to the failed receiver and make it work!
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Remote lock/unlock key fob.   Remote lock/unlock key fob. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 12:08 am

I have a Cadillac fob FCC ID: ABO0103T. I would like $15 shipped.
Back to top Go down
bigredwagon

bigredwagon

PostSubject: Re: Remote lock/unlock key fob.   Remote lock/unlock key fob. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 2:25 am

You don't need a new in car unit for a lost remote. Remotes are 5 bucks on ebay, any chevy/buick/olds/caddy fob will work, and you can program it yourself in a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remote lock/unlock key fob.   Remote lock/unlock key fob. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remote lock/unlock key fob.
Page 1 of 1