GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should I have a remote?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Should I have a remote? Empty
PostSubject: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 pm

I was looking at the definitions of the RPO codes for my car and one of them is an AU0. The definition is "LOCK CONTROL,REMOTE ENTRY(KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM) REMOTE ENTRY LK CONT(AU0)"

Am I reading that wrong, or does that mean I should have a keyfob remote? I didn't know that was an option in 91. If that's the case, which ones will work for my car?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:37 pm

Yes, you have keyless. Any of the 91-96 remotes (Caprice/ImpalaSS/Roadmater/CCruiser) will work (and other GM will, too). All you need to do is pair the remote to the car (instructions are on here somewhere, the connector is by the left D pillar).
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:59 pm

I've read that I'm supposed to be looking for a black and white dangling wire. Its either in the D-pillar or the drivers side rear storage area (behind the plastics) I looked in both places earlier, but could not find any single dangling wires. Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:40 pm

do you have a black box over the driver's side rear wheel well with TRW emblems? if not then you don't have keyless entry
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Wait, were you just seeing what RPOs were available, or you actually have AU0 on your SPID?
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:20 am

I have an AU0 on my SPID. And yes there is a black box with a TRW emblem in there. I just can't seem to find a black and white wire that's dangling.
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:28 am

If this is anything like the 96-95 wagons then the programming wires are in the left "D" pillar. It is a small pigtail with two wires. You have to peel back the plastic trim from the rubber window seal for the tailgate window. Both of mine are near where the lift strut attaches to the body.

put a key into the connector to short it out.

Locks will cycle. Push a button on the remote and they should cycle again.

Remove the key and test.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:46 am

it's the black wire hanging loose on the lower side of the harnest, the one with the black connector on it

Should I have a remote? Ventmotor

he's working with a 91 OCC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 pm

On my 91 OCC the connector is on the passenger side,above and to the rear of the spare tire.
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
On my 91 OCC the connector is on the passenger side,above and to the rear of the spare tire.

I looked in the passenger side compartment today, and found a plug connected to a black and white wire just hangin there. But when i grounded it, (with the ignition on, but not running) the locks did not cycle, aren't they supposed to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:09 pm

What did you ground it too?I had to run a wire out to the tailgate bolts to get a good ground with mine!
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:11 pm

There is a screw thats screwed into the body right next to where the plug is, i grounded it to that. Should I find somewhere better?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:18 pm

I had too to get a constant ground!
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:48 pm

I had bought a remote on ebay, and it arrived today, so I went out to tinker with it again. But I got nothing. I tried grounding the plug to all different places, but my locks never cycled. Whats wrong here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I have a remote?   Should I have a remote? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I have a remote?
Page 1 of 1