GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jdeshler

Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Empty
PostSubject: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Got a strange issue going on with the diod in the key.. Seems to be spiking the ohms above the highest factory setting.. Is this what happens when they go bad? Thanks guys!

Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Imagejpeg_0_zpsy0aeijbc

Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Vats_15_chart.284202108_std_zpsez1rdlnj
Back to top Go down
Jdeshler

PostSubject: Re: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Feels like I'm fishing for bass here..... lol
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 9:15 pm

What year is your car? Typically when there are issues with the VAT System the key chip is not being read. The fix is to try putting some rubbing alcohol on a Q Tip and attempting to clean the contacts inside the key cylinder. Or install a resistor of the correct value in line and eliminate the feature.

I have not seen a chip OMH out like that...but I would suspect a bad chip.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 9:20 pm

Disable the VATS and be done with it!!
Back to top Go down
Jdeshler

PostSubject: Re: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:25 am

Wagon guy, the car is a 96.. I have bypassed two of these in the harness under the dash eliminating the tumbler issue all together. I have already bypassed the switch to this key but it still flashes angrily at me and ohms out funky.. I'll be contacting the dealership for a new key

Black beast, how do you bypass all together? The car is a 96 btw
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 5:50 am

I bypassed my 94. Jumper the relay and reprogrammed the car.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 7:25 am

Jdeshler wrote:
Wagon guy, the car is a 96.. I have bypassed two of these in the harness under the dash eliminating the tumbler issue all together.  I have already bypassed the switch to this key but it still flashes angrily at me and ohms out funky.. I'll be contacting the dealership for a new key

Black beast, how do you bypass all together? The car is a 96 btw

I'm not sure how you are bypassing the switch, but I cut the wires on the column side of the connector and soldered an appropriate value resistor between the two wires coming from the recently liberated connector.

If you did it this way, then the key is no longer connected at all. The problem must be in the resistor value is wrong or possibly a connector between the resistor and the VATS module has excessive resistance.
Back to top Go down
Jdeshler

PostSubject: Re: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:29 pm

I tale the pellet out of the key and solder it in the same place you put the doids in.. I'm going to have to put resistors in this one because the "pellet" diod is bad in the key

Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  20160524_203808_zpsru2y8bgn
Back to top Go down
Jdeshler

PostSubject: Re: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:31 pm

Black beast, that is the next option if it will work with the 96
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof    Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burn car or pass key fix! JK can't but the longroof
Page 1 of 1