GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lamune

lamune

is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box Empty
PostSubject: is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box   is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 1:05 am

The reman ACDelco steering box doesn't have the one stud used to mount the ABS bracket. I'm not sure what those 4 bolts on the top of the box do, so should I swap the stud over or is that a bad idea?
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box   is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 12:56 pm

If it were me.
I would only remove only the one bolt and replace it with the stud.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box   is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 1:37 pm

I have done that numerous times. It will not cause any issues. It is probably overkill, and you could even skip swapping it, and just install the box. Often boxes will have the stud in other locations around the plate.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box   is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 9:34 pm

Ok, thanks guys. I swapped it over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box   is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is it safe to swap the ABS mounting stud onto a new steering box
Page 1 of 1