GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!

Go down 
+22
81X11
95BRMW
lornejay1
1993 Roady-man
lakeffect
a1awind
buickestate
scoob8000
jayoldschool
Sprocket
Wagon Collector
phantom 309
sherlock9c1
94Woody
toomanytoyz
silverfox103
brokecello
200OZ
JaySS
Cadet57
DBeaSSt
Bewber
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
convert2diesel

Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:24 pm

John:

I'm really sorry you took it that way. I'm sure none of us intended any disrespect when we voiced our opinions, at least I assume none of them meant any disrespect. Your kind offer of hosting a wagon centric event is laudable and quite a commitment on your part. I for one appreciate the offer.

Having said that perhaps what raised the hackles of some is that it seemed you wanted to supplant the original Wagonfest as opposed to offering an additional venue for a get together. Holding an event that coincides with the Dream Cruise and Back to the Bricks is actually a great idea. I'm sure there are lots of guys on here that would jump at the opportunity to visit these events while amonst friends.

The point I wanted to make was that when we plan a weekend away, it is to get out of the city, not go to another one (okay we have gone to Vegas a couple of times). We are avid campers and enjoy our trips away to places other then urban environments. Wagonfest gave us a great excuse to do that. The concept of getting together with a great bunch of people in a laid back "Summer Place" type of environment is very appealing to me. I don't think the same kind of ambience could be created in an urban setting.

As far as my 50 mile rule is concerned. It is not based on ignorance but rather on experience. We have been doing this camping thing now for going on 27 years and the only time we have had anything even closely related to trouble was near or in a large urban center. In no way was I referring to Flint per say, but any large center. We prefer small rural settings and in general you have to be at least that far from a city center to really get away from it all.

Over the years I have been in your city on numerous occassions for business and have no trouble with Flint and have nothing bad to say about it other then its a large urban center. As I mentioned before I dislike citys in general. Lived and worked in them for far too many years and now make it a point to avoid them if at all possible. The cacaphony of noise and the sea of humanity present in these centers is just not my idea of a good time.

Security has never been an issue for me. I take all the normal precautions and avoid core areas at night. Watching Detroit burn from the safety of a friends back yard in Windsor during the summer of 67 was enough for me to always be cautious, regardless of where I am. Actually the only place I have ever felt truely threatened was in Homestead Florida and that was at a convenience store surrounded by a group of Cuban thugs. Nothing happened but it did catch me off guard. Should have surveyed the setting better before stopping for gas. A few nonsense encounters in Detroit and Los Angeles that were resolved easily but all in all I have been lucky over the years.

Again I'm sorry if you feel snubbed. That certainly wasn't my intention. Was just voicing my opinion, for what its worth.

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:53 pm

First of all I'm gonna say that I just registered here a few days ago (because I watched a Wagonfest 2010 video on Youtube and vowed that I would be at the 2011 event) but I figure I would give my 2 cents.

For those worrying about security and the safety around the area during Woodward Dream cruise week can put their fears aside. I don't hesitate to cruise/park around the Detroit/Flint area during that time... and that's in a Z06 with over $30k in modifications. A few guys in wagons, albeit really NICE wagons, won't have any trouble. There are guys that bring out serious money cars for the dream cruise... hemi 'cudas, 50's vettes, etc...

But I still vote for NY since I was looking for a nice cruise and I've never been there. Now to find my wagon... Smile
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:57 pm

i would have to vote for waterloo. the park is nice and has a water park area for my kids. i am just use to it almost feels like hom at this point. this yr was my 3rd year
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Ideally.. I'd like to see a series of wagon fests spring up. different weekends and parts of the country. "WE" just had Wagonfest EAST 2010. Fred is having Wagonfest WEST and even calls it that. I don't see why we can't space the events out to have one per month spring till fall.
Consider the possibility of WF 2011 EAST, WEST, NORTH SOUTH, and CENTRAL. The actual number of events is based upon those willing to promote them and run with the ball. I think the big mistake on our parts would be to have competing events by making more than one of them happen on the same weekend. If one correlates with some other known event, that's OK by me. I'd say that wouldn't be my main reason for particpation or the lack there of. Money and Time will always be the big issues to overcome for most of us.

I'm grateful for Bewber for the willingness to head up the task of what may easily become our Wagonfest Central for years to come.

Please don't foster discouragement. Promote our fellowship. We're a unique crew with common interests, so let's build upon it.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Those of you, who have never cruised at the Woodward Dreams cruise or the bricks in flint,have absolutely no clue. People fly in for these events from the world over some even have their cars shipped in. I drove next to Jesse James in his 52 Chevy, he gave the Ratmaster the thumbs up, Jay leno and other big names in the car hobby don't miss these events. There are big dollar cars be they full out wild customs or high end super cars the drive woodward or hit the bricks in flint right next to some low buck primered projects. It's a world class event.

I'm 100% behind John's idea. I know this will happen as John outlined. I fully expect that some of you waterloo regulars will not come, but I know that many others on this and the other forums who found Waterloo to far to travel will come to the JWCE {John's Wagon Centric Event} the number of attendees will balance out, just the faces will change.

For those of you who raised the question of how would the oragnizers of Back to the bricks in flint take the arrival of 40 plus wagons crashing their events I've already spoken to them personally and they are looking forward to us and will set up some prime realestate for us on the bricks in flint.

Do some homework on both the Woodward Dream Cruise and Back to the Bricks in flint, google it or search for it on youtube.

One last point to ponder is that John and I are having JWCE 2010 next week end and those of you who can attend please do come out, and we will have a blast and post pictures and videos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 pm

I'll do my best to make it to the BewbCruise. Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Bewber wrote:
Allright, ENOUGH ALREADY. Let me put it this way .....

To the rest of you.....

All Nick has ever done is pass through on his way to someplace else, yet Lorne commends him on his excellent point (that was a joke) that if you make a wrong turn you might get carjacked? Pardon my french canadian, but - How fucking stupid can you be. I left my wagon in an empty and unsecured DOWNTOWN Flint parking lot - by itself - for over a week last year without issue.

I guess what's really getting to piss me off is that I'm tired of the blowhards and pussbags

I damn well deserve better than that. Period.

If you'd like to come to my event, I'd love to have you - but if you're bad mouthing it out of ignorance and implying that I'd go through the effort to host an event with my whole family there that wasn't completely safe or completely family friendly, then I absolutely take that personally and you can GFY.

I'm never going to beg people to come to the time of their lives, but I also don't think it's too much to ask for a little respect and that the cancerous mindset of "If we had it THERE we'd all get shot and/or carjacked" be stopped immediately. Bad mouthing anyone elses hometown to this level would never be tolerated in any other thread on this forum - and if it's not going to be properly moderated - don't expect me to sit here quietly while the ignorance, half-assed assumptions, and pure stupidity gains momentum.

Peace,
John

well,. it certainly wasn't personal up until now,. "blowhards and pussbags,. french canadians, GFY",. etc,. I don't read anywhere any sort of implications involving YOU,.
Had i known it was all about YOU rather than flint, i might have worded things differently out of respect for you,.
My opinion of any region of the usa or canada, is exactly that,. my opinion,.arrived at by my own observations from my travels and media reporting and also hearsay,. I will always state my opinions,
and obviously again will have to take the personal attacks for them,. something thats not new to me,. but definitely new to me on this forum,.something that is definitely prevalent on the "other forum, where its always about "someone" rather than "something"
i would assume the capital letters GFY do mean 'good for you,.?'
after such insults regarding my intrepidation of staying in and attending an event in flint, i will state categorically now that i do not want to attend,.i really enjoyed your company in waterloo and have definitely enjoyed our few phone calls etc,.i,m somewhat surprised to see a different side of the layed back 'bewber' that i,ve come to know,.a side that really seems quite narcissistic,."johns wagon centric event", even the name is no longer wagonfest, its now a personal event staged by you,.even fred didn't name it Freds wagon meet, or any mention of anything personal,.
I hope YOUR event is a success for YOU,and your supporters,..and the town of Flint michigan should be proud to have someone as passionate and dedicated as you to promote them.
Personally i could care less about joining in a teeming mass of humanity sprinkled with famous folks, i do not like mass gatherings , and this would be no exception,.it might be the "in thing to do, but not for me personaly and i dislike being rebuked for that,.
I understand that somepeople are excited to be part of a tribal ritual involving thousands, and their automobiles,.and i respect that,.
As i said i was conflicted,. now i,m more certain,.as i said, up until this point it was nothing personal,.but after this diatribe i would feel even more uncomfortable attending.
It would seem that now the whole idea of wagonfest will be forever changed,.some might like to preserve the very intimate nature of the event,. others will want to expand it and change the whole experience,.its a shame it has come to this,

perhaps if i also add "peace" to the end of my post it will make things seem more amiable.

"piece"
Nick

Last edited by phantom 309 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:50 pm

i'll probably go wherever mike and jess go. its the same distance either place for us.

pat, really??? B wagons welcomed on the bricks!!!!! that is rather bitchin!!!!
that would be the a prime chance to let the auto hobby world know that the late model wagon freaks are here and we are serious!!!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:31 am

I really hate locking or deleting threads. Let's step back here and take a breath. No one needs to be insulting other peoples place of residence okay.

This should be a discussion about a POSSIBLE future location for WagonFest. Where WF is held in 2011 and on is up to Fred, end of discussion. Until he weighs in on it, this is an academic discussion about what people would like to see in the future. Flint is certainly not the only location for WF11 which has been mentioned and discussed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:22 am

Wow, lots of commentary by people that haven't been seen recently. I think I said that we should avoid commenting if we had nothing constructive to offer, but clearly some need to go back and reread this thread from the beginning. This is about to become of those defining moments where I say what I really think and don't give a **** who I piss off in the process. Why do some feel the need to chime in on this when you couldn’t make it this year, so you can have a lock on it should you eventually decide to get off your ass and attend someday?

1) Fred gave up the rights to Wagonfest when he left for greener pastures - if it hadn't been for the work of other 'fester's, WF-2010 would have never happened. Sorry to bust your bubble, but it is a fact. Thanks again to all that put in substantial efforts to make it an exceptionally good time. The fact that we were as a group able to raise enough donations to reimburse Fred for the park fees should go a long way towards making that clear.

2) It is out of respect that we should to allow Fred to weigh in on where Wagonfest might be located, but his is only another opinion at this point. AFAIK Wagonfest isn't copyrighted, so the group owns it unless some holding corporation steps up and trademarks it underneath us. Wagonfest will only go on if there continues to be enough dedicated folks that are willing to put the time in to organize it. Step back and consider the long term viability of the event and try to look at it from that aspect.

3) Whatever you think you know about Flint from the media must be balanced against the fact that there are good & bad sections of most every city in the world, what makes you think that Flint is any different? Funny that the news never reminds us that several million people in both of our countries went to work this morning, worked through the day to make a living, and still managed to make it home and give their kids a hug and tell them they love them as they tucked them in for the night. I don't know who they are, but I do know that John & Nick were two of them. I've said it before & I'll say it again, neither of them would ever invite us to a place that they thought there was a worry for the safety of us, or our wagons. I don't care much for large metropolitan areas either, but as long as someone is around that knows where and where not to be, and will ensure that I don't get into trouble, then I'll go. I consider it a privilege that John has offered up to be our den mother for the weekend and will look after us to make sure everything possible is done so we might enjoy ourselves. You are looking a gift horse in the mouth and are insulting him when you continue to tell him he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I think some here need to think about what they posted and realize that they owe him a bit of an apology.

4) Getting to Michigan is going to be a bit of a hassle, as I had to renew my license this week and found out that as it is not a bordering state, Massachusetts has no current plans to offer the enhanced license option. If you don’t like it where it is next year, then don’t go. It’s that simple. I really don't care where Wagonfest is - closer is nicer, but I can't be selfish about it. If it helps ensure that I get to see my friends at least once a year for the next few years, then that is what is important. After all, the wagons are our common interest, but I go to see the people. Wherever it is next year I hope to be able to join in and see everyone again. Until then…

Speed safely,

- J
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:36 am

Well said. Thank you.

As mentioned earlier by several folks, Our sincere thanks go out to any one willing and offering to spare their precious time to promote something enjoyable for the rest of us.

I was considering adding the R&R Hall of Fame as part of my plans to attend WF 10 Central in Flint. From Rochester, it would be on the way or the way back. Unfortunately my boss has this annoying habit of thinking I should actually work to earn the money they pay me, and won't give up vacation time, particularly on short notice during our busy time of year. With more of a heads up for next year , I can swing it.

Last edited by lakeffect on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:49 am

let me add to what jay said,

the reality of our situation as a whole,

we are the odd ones in the car world. we love cars that people used to hate. we love them enough to put hard work into maintaining, customizing, restoring and repairing a (at the newest) a 15 year old wagon. and as far as im concerned that makes us more hardcore than those guys that build Novas Mustangs and Chevelles. ....hell "Year One" doesnt make crap for our wagons!!! we can't buy replacement panels from summit!
we swap parts, surf the boneyards and backyards, and adapt impala performance parts to make our whales faster.
because we love our B Bodies.....because we know we have the best damn car ever built!!!! cheers

so lets not get hostile! we all have wagons in our blood. so that makes us relatives!!!!
once a year!! thats it !! surely we can make a long drive once a year???

remember when you were a kid? the long drives with your parents? a long trip in our wagons is nostalgic!!

that all being said, ask yourself this,... you put the love into the wagon. so isnt a long drive once a year worth it to celebrate the car GM should have never stopped making???
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:58 am

a1awind wrote:
so isnt a long drive once a year worth it to celebrate the car GM should have never stopped making???

We could always drive down to Detroit and sit outside GM hq, hold a candlelight vigil and protest Laughing
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:38 pm

[quote="Cadet57
We could always drive down to Detroit and sit outside GM hq, hold a candlelight vigil and protest Laughing [/quote]

Way to freaking funny! But I'd take bets several here would do it.
Back to top Go down
scoob8000

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Let me chime in my my 2 cents..

Personally, I think the "Wagonfest" named even should be retired until Fred's return. If for no other reasons, out of respect and to keep bickering over the name to a minimum.

I don't care what we call it, or where it is (within reasonable distance for me), I will be there. If there's two b-body events I can make it to, I will.

The main reason for me going to these events is to see and hangout with all the friends we've made over the years, and I'll take any opportunity (or excuse if you will) I can to visit with them!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Mike - Roger and Me was 25 years ago and there is no "Buick City" anymore. It's been square miles of parking lot for about a decade.

Jay - Thank you and AMEN.

Nick - NEVER ONCE have I EVER placed my own name into the title of this YET TO BE NAMED event. Not once - so nice try. Pat threw that out there, not me. I've even gone out of my way to clearly state that I don't care WHAT it gets called - but by all means, please - don't let the truth get in the way of you making fantastic drama out of nothing. Also, the old phrase is to "Pardon my french..." and with you and Lorne both being the drivers with your idiot light on - and both are Canadian - and there are such things as French Canadians - it only seemed natural to morph the original line when addressing you two. It was a play on words and I really didn't care if you pardoned it or not. I'm still as laid back and care free as I ever was, including not caring if your butt hurts - which I know very well is a 2 way street.

That said - I still want you to come. You can be pissed and hold a grudge if you want to - but I still consider you a friend and I'd love to have you here - even if you hate the name that other people may or may not give to the currently nameless event.

Lorne, we have a huge outlet mall about 15 minutes north of me. It's immediately off the highway in an area that's I'm pretty sure is legally a village. It's so NOT near any cities that you'd swear you were at the outlets at Waterloo - except this one is much bigger. Also at that exit is a dive that was recently featured on Drive-In's, Diners, and Dives becuse they do things like use a full pound of bacon to serve you a bacon sammich. It's called Tony's and whole families order one hot fudge sundae for dessert. Also a nice relaxing cruise 10 miles through the countryside from that exit is a bavarian village town callen Frankenmuth, which has the world's largest Christmas store.

As far as big cities equalling big things to do - don't come for that. What there'd be to do on that weekend is to park along Saginaw Street with a lawnchair and watch the cruisers drive past you. This is something you can do and still not be anywhere near downtown. I know because that's what I do. Beyond that, I'm the last guy with a clue about how to embrace any sort of local night life. It's not my thing and it never will be.

As far as Fred is concerned - I spoke with him on the phone WEEKS ago and have his full support in throwing an event. His comment was something to the effect of, "I think it's funny that some of those guys are waiting to hear what I think about you hosting it. I mean really - We're talking about a group of wagon guys getting together to hang out and talk about WAGONS - what the hell do they THINK I'd think about that - OF COURSE I'm for it. I think it's a great idea!"

I love Fred, but he's not my daddy. Even if he was, I'm big enough that I don't need his permisson from 3 time zones away to invite my wagon friends over for the weekend. If you want to hear his blessing before you're comfortable calling my CURRENTLY UN-NAMED event "wagonfest", I get that - I'm fine with that - but until the team of people it took to finish Fred's event this year CLEARLY STATE that they are ABSOLUTELY willing to do everything from scratch next year and every other year for the rest of their lives until Fred and Kelly return back to the town he jumped at the chance to GTFO of so that he can once again go back to throwing it all by himself - and where ZERO of them live BTW, I think it's pretty arrogant to just expect them to keep busting their asses and host it for you every year - so that you can cruise in, relax, then leave - and even more lame to complain about the event that WILL happen because it's not in the same location that you wish one MIGHT happen.

Unless I've not gotten the memo (which could very well be the case) - as of right now I'm the only guy fully committed to throwing a wagon get together East of the Mississippi in 2011. Even if those who got sucked into it this year eventually decide to keep throwing them in Waterloo every year - I fail to see how my event, which would be many miles and 3 weeks apart could seriously be viewed as "the competition". There's really no reason for it to be thought of like that. Seriously - how in the hell can it be a BAD thing if there ends up being TWO summer wagon events instead of one. If there does end up being two and you have to chose one and you choose the other, I wish you nothing about the best of times and the safest of travels.

As I've said - I'm doing this and I don't care what it gets called. If my event becomes the wagonfest of 2011 - I'd be very proud to carry on that tradition and I promise it to be a fun, safe, family friendly event for all. If there's one in Waterloo that goes by wagonfest, then I'm sure everybody who goes will have a great time watching old guys sleep in lawn chairs and I'll just call the one here something different. Laughing

Peace,
John

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Sorry Bewbz, how about FWCE?
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:37 pm

I really like the sound of "The Enchanted Mitten Gathering of the Longroof Faithfull" Shocked
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:22 pm

fantastic drama? Driver with my Idiot light on?
Quote :
"pardon my french canadian but how stupid can you be"
it just keeps going,.i don't know who, or what the fuck,you think you are, but i haven't spoken to you in any sort of derogatory manner,.and i,m not sure where you think you have the right to speak to me here like that,.
as i stated before there was/is nothing personal regarding you in my opinion of flint michigan,but you want to be all butt hurt about it,. meh,.
Thanks
nick

Last edited by phantom 309 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm sure this won't be the last post on this thread but I'm throwing in my $.02 about the whole thing.

I just erased a page or two of streaming conscious thoughts about everything, but here's the Evelyn Woods version.

We all love these cars and would be happy to go out of our way to help each other out which makes us a family. Dysfunctional yes, but a family. Families bicker and argue, then we all get over an move on....I'm hoping we are at that point.

I think the name WagonFest is great and so what if someone else wants to hold one. Let's trademark the name and have regional events across the world and embrace all long roofs. We can merchandise the heck out of it and all get rich, baw haw haw. Seriously though, I'd love to see events all over the country. Today was the first of many other ones that WILL happen, whether it's WagonFest West, east, Flint, Miami, or Vegas. Who cares, let's celebrate the best cars ever made.

Waterloos IS the original and I"m sure the community there will have one next year and that's great. I'm sure there will be those who don't make it and new faces will show up.
I applaud Joel, Mike and everyone else that made this years happen. I had a blast and finally got meet alot of my brothers and sisters. I only wish we had more time to hangout.

Will I make Waterloo or Flint next year? Time will tell, but I've a feeling either will be too far/long when the time comes unless I win the Lotto, then I'll just drive from one to the other and then out Seattle for the West one, lol.

Peace, love and burnt rubber.
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Bewber wrote:

then I'm sure everybody who goes will have a great time watching old guys sleep in lawn chairs and I'll just call the one here something different. Laughing

Peace,
John

I'm glad I was able to entertain whoever might have enjoyed the old men sleeping in lawn chairs, but I actually had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Albeit rather lengthy. I don't know if I'll have a chance to go to Flint next year but it sounds like it would be a great time. And I could almost guarantee you that I will fall asleep again if I sit down for more than 5 minutes.

Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:15 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Quote :
it just keeps going,.i don't know who, or what the fuck,you think you are, but i haven't spoken to you in any sort of derogatory manner,.and i,m not sure where you think you have the right to speak to me here like that,.
as i stated before there was/is nothing personal regarding you in my opinion of flint michigan,but you want to be all butt hurt about it,. meh,.
Thanks
nick

Who do I think I am? That's pretty easy. I think I'm the guy throwing a wagon event in a place you've never been to and promising everyone it'll be safe. You're the guy telling people stupid enough to believe you it that if they come to my event and make one wrong turn, they will get carjacked. And you expect me NOT to address something that stupid that on a personal level? Spare me. You're directly undermining what I KNOW will be a safe event with total bullshit of the wildest proportions. I know you meant it in jest, but when people commend you on what an excellent point you've supposedly made, then it's a problem that needs to be addressed in the equal and opposite direction so that you're baseless opinion doesn't become considered the truth by others.

J

Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:32 am

gwturbo wrote:

I'm glad I was able to entertain whoever might have enjoyed the old men sleeping in lawn chairs, but I actually had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Albeit rather lengthy. I don't know if I'll have a chance to go to Flint next year but it sounds like it would be a great time. And I could almost guarantee you that I will fall asleep again if I sit down for more than 5 minutes.

Haha - It was really cool of you to come that far for the fest and I enjoyed joking around with you about the wheels. I actually never even saw you sleeping once. It was just too funny how Tom "timestamped" the same photo at different times to make it look like you slept all day to those who weren't there.

If you make it here next year, I'll see that you get the most comfy chair I can find.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:50 am

The next name calling and/or bickering post gets deleted and earns the thread a lock. Drop it already and let's get back to the discussion this thread is supposed to be about.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:21 am

Bewber wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
Quote :
Thanks
nick

Who do I think I am? That's pretty easy. I think I'm the guy throwing a wagon event in a place you've never been to and promising everyone it'll be safe. You're the guy telling people stupid enough to believe you it that if they come to my event and make one wrong turn, they will get carjacked. And you expect me NOT to address something that stupid that on a personal level? Spare me. You're directly undermining what I KNOW will be a safe event with total bullshit of the wildest proportions. I know you meant it in jest, but when people commend you on what an excellent point you've supposedly made, then it's a problem that needs to be addressed in the equal and opposite direction so that you're baseless opinion doesn't become considered the truth by others.

J

So putting it out there that YOU want to host a wagon event is one thing,. shoving your weight around like you're some sort of celebrity or saviour, and then talking rude and down to people is another,.perhaps call the fact that you might percieve things to be in jest, but don't be ignorant about it,. it shows you have no class,.
You have no idea how many times i,ve been to flint and lansing in the late 80's to mid 90's,. remember i,ve trucked for a living,and i,m 52,.Flint wasn't a bad place till the uaw blew gm execs and flint died,.and we all stopped making money going there,i had some personal issues back then and stopped crossing the border for a while.
Nobody's undermining anyone, you are so self centered that its now all about you, and your perceptions, as i stated.
Good luck putting on your event,.i hope its a rousing success. I,m sure you'll be able to 'flame' something at the same time so folks will pay attention to you some more, a sign of a needy personality i,d suspect, the constant need to be front and centre,the need to be noticed as is evidenced by your carnival style art with your car,. and then wanting the pats on the back for it , and i too did give you compliments on your idea's and art work,. You're been rude to me for reasons that only you percieve as valid and i won't be coming, but thanks for the invite. I can only imagine the aggravation just driving on the flint area roads with stiff riding lowered cars like the one i have,.thank goodness it doesn't have weak assed big rims with tiny sidewalls on low profile rubber,.
and thats my opinion. you don't like it? WGAF.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Big Pimpin'

Big Pimpin'

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:09 am

John, see you in Flint next year.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:18 am

john, nick, "simma down, simma down" things have been said....on both parties that were inflamatory....i see why both of you are upset here... and it is natural for a person to automatically retaliate when attacked. but!!! this needs to stop progressing.
i know the two of you on the same level. and from what i can tell you both managed to hit each others buttons just right.

now I ask that the two of you STOP, STEP BACK FOR A SEC, AND CHILL OUT and think about how things are phrased and what your reason for saying things was.
i dont wanna see anyone here get nasty and "take it home" so to speak. and i would like to see BOTH of you next year. hell i thought both of you guys were cool as hell.

we need to hack this out without hacking each other up, so we can
get our vacations for next year.
so ...everyone .....BREATH!!!!
and we can get down to brass taxes here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 pm

a1awind - I like you. Well said.

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Why don't you both just PM the hell out of each other, and spare the rest of us from all the mud slinging. I wouldn't mind having this whole thread deleted from the beginning to end.

It's getting worse and not helping to actually PLAN any event.

This thread is no longer "Planting the Seed" to any thing. It's ripping up any interest by the roots. Good luck with that.

Dave Buchholz, Rochester NY
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Nick,

We obviously are seeing the same things, but from different angles. You didn't see me trying to finish that board the whole week before the fest - by myself. You didn't see me leave my family up north and drive home the day before my wife came home so that I could lay out the flames on my kitchen table till 4am - by myself. You didn't see it giving me fits with paint issues that prevented it from being DONE well before I arrived as I'd hoped. You didn't see me the day before the fest, in the side yard of the car wash - with nobody looking while I spent two hours touching up the white - all by myself. I then decided to let it "set" for 24 hours before doing anything more to it. At the fest - I parked as the LAST car in the row and didn't even display my registration number. During a lull in the "action" I was encouraged to get it out and paint the red by other people who were also bored and curious about how it'd come out, so I did. I was trying to finish something that I'd been working on for over a week. It was absolutely NOT my intention to be the center of anything. If that were actually the goal, I hardly think that placing myself as FAR from the pavillion where everyone congregated would be a good means of achieving that. I was trying to finish a project that I'd wanted to have done FOR the fest - but was unable to - so I finished it AT the fest. Not really any different to me than someone waxing their paint or shining up their wheels at the fest.

Hell, I even had a hatchet in the back that I'd brought for our night of camping. Had I been a true attention whore, wouldn't I have done something REALLY attention getting like throwing a public sissy fit and lodging it in my own hood? That was actually a trick question. I wouldn't have. That's been done and I try to be more original than that.

At any rate - did I have people come check out the board when I was done? Heck yea I did. For once, I was REAL happy with something I'd done and I wanted to share it with my WAGON friends. It was made to go on top of my WAGON - and we were at a WAGON show. Weren't we there to check out the personal touches that we've each made to our own cars? I fail to see how sharing something there is any different than posting pics of a mod here - as MANY people do here regularly.

If that makes me classless, so be it. It is what it is - and I'll ignore how many classy F-bombs you dropped in front of children and women that you don't really know.

Is my car "carnival art"? Maybe. I'm not sure WHY that would be a knock, but thank you for sharing your opinion.

Like I said - we're just seeing the same things from different angles. You can call me what you want - but from where I sit, you're not really any different - and I still aint mad at ya. My door is always open to ya and you're still welcome here anytime.

Your pal,
John

EDIT: Dave has a point. This thread sucks. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Sucky thread locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!    Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planting the seed for wagonfest 2011 in FLINT MICHIGAN!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2