GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A wagon story (happy ending)

Go down 
+4
Andebe
TheRoadmasterKing
silverfox103
Danr63
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Danr63

Danr63

A wagon story (happy ending) Empty
PostSubject: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Back in sept of this year My son's 96 white woody wagon was smacked in a parking lot while he was waiting for a friend to come out of a store. The girl in the other car was backing out of her spot and taking on the phone at the same time. This made for a very bad situation for the old roadmaster wagon. Mad Sad

A wagon story (happy ending) 2r3igzk

A wagon story (happy ending) 2na41me

The insurance company underwriter saw the car and said it was one of the cleanest ones he has seen in a long time. The car was totaled from an insurance cost stand point but not mechanically. that meant to us we could still drive the car legally and not worry about a salvage title. The cut us a really nice check and we where able to fully repair the car. we even took care of a couple of small things that needed attention. we just recived the car back before the first snow of the season. The body shop did an awesome job and we will be bringing it (an other cars) back for other jobs. Very Happy

A wagon story (happy ending) 294to2d

A wagon story (happy ending) 2s61tv6

A wagon story (happy ending) 243orrr

And last we installed a set of halo headlight housing's Tim also removed the HID headlights for a set of LED (man those are bright!sunny )

A wagon story (happy ending) Fk5t0i

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Nice job fixing her!

Tom
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 10:57 pm

Glad it was able to get fixed up.

Love the halo lights too!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 10:09 am

Glad to see it live on.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Better than ever! Well done.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Thanks guys! One of the other things we had done was the trim around the wood grain panels was painted to match the door handles. The trim was all peeling and nasty so Tim and I figured why not. So that too helps with the appearance of the car.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Who repaired it and where did they get the passenger side bumper trim piece?
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Tim and I had to chase down all the parts for this repair. The complete bumper assembly came from a guy in Florida. The hood was an after market new one. the front fender came from a guy in California and we made sure he sent the trim as well with the fender. The body shop is here in Gurnee, IL Posemato's 3860 Swanson ct (847) 249-2929. They do great work and the prices are very fair (first time i have seen this kind of prices in this area)
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 10:25 am

Your hard work and sleuthing really paid off. Looks like your ride is fully back to pre-disaster condition. Was there any damage to the EVAP canister?
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 10:56 am

The EVAP canister was obliterated (as was the mounting bracket) But Tim and I found a site that was selling N.O.S parts and bought original GM parts for the repair. This same site has the vinyl wood grain inserts for the car but those are real high dollar ($300 per door about the same for the front fenders) and chose not to do that at this time.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm happy that bumper worked out for you. Looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Danr63

Danr63

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Yea it had a couple of small things but the body shop guy said it was not even anything to worry about. The bumper looks like brand new now ! Smile All the steel parts are mint and painted up nice and like new. Thanks for working with us.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 12:36 pm

NICE WORK! Looks really good! Safe Travels!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A wagon story (happy ending)   A wagon story (happy ending) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A wagon story (happy ending)
Page 1 of 1