GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intermittent Wipers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rjathon

rjathon

Intermittent Wipers Empty
PostSubject: Intermittent Wipers   Intermittent Wipers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 am

My 1996 RMW wipers work but not intermittently. I replaced the turn signal/cruise/wiper switch to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent Wipers   Intermittent Wipers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2020 6:08 pm

Replace the black module on the front of the wiper motor. There are a lot of 90s cars in the junk yards that have the same motor/module.
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent Wipers   Intermittent Wipers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 11:22 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent Wipers   Intermittent Wipers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 10:19 pm

Fred, on your vendor page you have a Wiper control module $30. Is that the part that I need. If so I will buy it.

Do you also have any cruise control modules that work?

Thanks,

Russ
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent Wipers   Intermittent Wipers Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 8:19 am

The vendor page is not able to be edited. I do not have any of them at this point. I have not been able to get to the yards to pick because of a back injury. I do not know when I will get to they yards again. If you can get to a yard with 91-96 cars, many of them have the same module. If it looks like the one on the wagon, it is the same. You need a TORX 20 to remove it. You may have to remove other parts to get it out of cars other than the B bodies.
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent Wipers   Intermittent Wipers Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 10:45 am

Thank you
Back to top Go down
coolwind57

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent Wipers   Intermittent Wipers Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 9:19 am

I took the lid off of my module and found that one of the lower solder points on the board was cracked. I resoldered all of the lower 4 points, slapped her back together and she's returned to life.

30-minute job and zero dollars. You may consider popping the cover and having a look for a broken solder.

silverfox103, Andebe, rcktpwrd and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.hushharborband.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermittent Wipers   Intermittent Wipers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermittent Wipers
Page 1 of 1