GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Airbag indicator light constantly on

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
coolwind57

Airbag indicator light constantly on Empty
PostSubject: Airbag indicator light constantly on   Airbag indicator light constantly on Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 10:32 am

I've found only one topic on the airbag when I do a search. That kind of surprised me.

Anyhow, my airbag indicator has been constantly on since I bought the car 5 Months ago. What's the cause of this?

Is it a matter of finding and cleaning an airbag (usually yellow) connector or is this a more serious issue? Figured I'd start with simple electrical connections due to the car's age.

Any tips on getting this annoying light off.

Back to top Go down
http://www.hushharborband.com
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Airbag indicator light constantly on   Airbag indicator light constantly on Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 5:29 pm

First step is to get it scanned with a proper scan tool that can read airbag codes. This will tell you what the issue is, then you can start repairing/replacing.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Airbag indicator light constantly on   Airbag indicator light constantly on Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 5:57 pm

The airbag system has sensors and components besides the inflator module that can set codes. As jayoldschool said, the first step is to get a scan.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Airbag indicator light constantly on   Airbag indicator light constantly on Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm

My light would flash on and off all the time and sometimes stay on.

It was caused by this...

Airbag indicator light constantly on FzsnuAX
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airbag indicator light constantly on   Airbag indicator light constantly on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbag indicator light constantly on
Page 1 of 1