GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1bar10der

Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks   Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2024 2:56 pm

My rear shocks need replacing (the right one is leaking), but my air ride works perfectly. I would like to replace the shock with a set that will work worth the factory air ride setup.... I searched the forum, but was unable to find anything...

The only ones that I found online so far that I believe are a direct replacement are AC Delco 504-110

1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon with self leveling air ride

What have people used and been happy with?

I would really appreciate any and all insight and help...
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks   Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2024 5:08 pm

The Delco 504-110 kit is the replacement for the no longer made factory air shocks. The kit comes with the tubing and parts needed to replace the originals. If the auto-leveling system on your ride actually works, you are in the minority.

When functioning properly, it is a great system. Especially if you have very large friends that ride with you occasionally.

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
1bar10der

PostSubject: Re: Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks   Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2024 5:17 pm

Thanks for the response, I have also just read that the Monroe MA717 is also a direct replacement system that works well in the 1994...I am hoping that someone on here may possibly have some thoughts on this, as well...

My system has worked perfectly until the one shock started leaking air.. It is very handy when using the third row, towing or when I am hauling heavy items in the back...
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks   Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2024 8:03 am

I've bought them off Rockauto before and used all 3 brands they offered. The AC delco shocks are made by Gabriel, they're the same as the high jackers with a different sticker. The Monroe shocks are junk, there is NO WARRANTY on them (as ridiculous as that sounds) and the last set I bought was assembled wrong, had to twist them to install them which tore the airbag.
I don't recall if the Gabriel/AC Delco set came with it, but you'll need a tee to attach them to your air ride setup, IIRC it was Monroe part number AK16, Rockauto sells that too.

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks   Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2024 7:13 pm

Tossed my factory air ride in the trash long ago. Working on installing a 4 corner system Wink
Back to top Go down
Mayhem1301

PostSubject: Re: Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks   Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 9:04 am

Rev Bob wrote:
The Delco 504-110 kit is the replacement for the no longer made factory air shocks. The kit comes with the tubing and parts needed to replace the originals. If the auto-leveling system on your ride actually works, you are in the minority.

When functioning properly, it is a great system. Especially if you have very large friends that ride with you occasionally.
When you say it comes with tubing, is it just a crossover tube or the whole tube from the compressor to the rear?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks   Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Factory Air Ride Replacement Shocks
Page 1 of 1