GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
a1awind

a1awind

just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Empty
PostSubject: just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues   just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 pm

help i have no reverse lights! and the adjustment clip on the linkage is brittle, and there is a lot of slop on the cable...any ideas?
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues   just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:52 pm

What cable do you speak of? How does the cable affect the reverse lights? How did you do the swap?

Mike
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues   just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:39 am

we think we have the cable (floor shifter linkage) adjusted. we had trouble with it going firmly into park. but the white clip that is holding the adjuster is very brittle...i need a new one.

i have no reverse lights...that is an issue.
i should add that i disconnected the metal rod from the original linkage...is that bad?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues   just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:55 am

As per our conversation on the phone, you need to remove the shift lever from the column and replace the factory shift linkage to enable the reverse lights.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues   just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:34 am

done, fixed, and working smoothly thanks tim and mike
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues   just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:43 am

the bracket on the trans that controls the shifting, would one off a fbody work
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues   just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:07 pm

DROLDS2U wrote:
the bracket on the trans that controls the shifting, would one off a fbody work

I don't know if the F body bracket works or not, but I ordered one last week to try, I'll let you know.
The F body bracket has a different mounting position than the Blazer bracket, so it may work better.

Mike
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues   just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 am

I got an F body bracket, and it is not a direct bolt on, the ball for the shift cable is quite a bit bigger than the Blazer bracket. It may still work by swapping the balls. I'll let you know.

Mike

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't work the lever is too short, the detentes on the Blazer shifter don't line up with the trans. detentes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues   just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just did the bravada console swap and now i have issues
Page 1 of 1