GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!

Go down 
+5
81X11
lakeffect
Krzdimond
94Woody
Bewber
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Empty
PostSubject: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 am

In Detroit, there's a group of artists that formed an organization called the Motor City Auto Art Mavens. It's a bunch of MASTERS of their crafts, mostly pinstriping, who are commited to passing their knowledge down to the next generation.

Well every February there's a huge show at Cobo Hall called Autorama. Every Autorama, the Mavens put on a 3 day "Panel Jam" where a limited number of noobs are accepted to spend 3 days with these masters to learn, learn, learn, network, and learn.

Included is a free 3-day pass to Autorama, all painting materials are supplied by sponsors, and - obviously - an absolute priceless education to expand the "brothers of the brush" family tree - and if that wasn't sweet enough - there are lots of KILLER door prizes.

Their goal for the weekend is to raise money to donate to Leader Dogs for the Blind. In exchange for the weekend, each noob is expected to produce at least one piece of artwork per day that can be sold at funds raising auctions that happen regularly throughout each day.

Needless to say, if you're an aspiring artist - this would be an epic opportunity.

Also needless to say, I'm an aspiring artist ... and I just got notified that I'm one of the noobs who get to join them!

So if you've got any appreciation for auto art or pinstriping - spend a minute and click around their website at www.motorcityautoart.com.

Had to share,

John

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 am

Awesome. Congrats man.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:09 am

See, isn't this WAY more enjoyable than spending 12 hours a day walking up and down in a cold hallway just saving lives?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:59 am

My sincere best wishes to you John. Sounds like an incredible opportunity.
Make sure the battery is charged up in the car!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:05 am

Good Luck with that! Fingers are crossed for you!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:50 pm

You lucky SOB! Good luck and have a blast! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Make us PROUD John,make us proud.You have a huge rolling canvas in your wagon and after you get famous'our
wagons too.Of course once you are famous you must remember those of us who knew you way back whenCongratulations
J E G
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:32 pm

That's Huge Bewb!
Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! SP-fiji-swell-1
Here's Bewb lining it up for fast run down a screaming left in the South Pacific, lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:20 pm

Somebody say "huge bewbs"???????? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:25 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
You lucky SOB! ...
Like, irony, mang.
This might be the first 'lucky' thing to happen to John is years.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Great to see a good opportunity for you. I will say a prayer for you...............

ME
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks guys. I just got even sweeter news on this too.

I asked the main guy if airbrushes were allowed - and he was very excited that I'd asked. Apparently they will have masters at airbrushing, and free materials there for that too - and he's geeked to have someone who can take advantage of it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:04 pm

That is good news! Enjoy it man, once in a lifetime weekend ahead.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:26 pm

WOOT!

This time tomorrow, I'll be learning pinstriping, getting airbrushing tips, getting my art AWN, rubbing elbows with some of the world's greatest car builders, checking out the Ridler award winner, and hob nobbing with A-list TV celebs like "Billy the Exterminator"!

Kidding aside, there will be builders there from all over the country, like Chip Foose, Joe Gibbs, that fat guy with the girly voice from California, Jimmy Shine, and many many more.

I'm all kinds of high school girl excited.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 am

"high school girl excited"

yes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!   Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great news! EPIC opportunity for my new career as an arteest!
Page 1 of 1